Sign in to follow this  

Ebay is allowing scams now!

The short story: The seller incorrectly described the item. Return shipping is twice what the item cost (the seller knows this!!). eBay is supporting the seller that he is not responsible for return shipping of the item that he incorrectly listed. So, by no fault of my own (only that I bought through eBay!!) I am out $30 with a handful of junk that I can't use!!!!!!!!! of coarse I can spend $60 to ship them back so that I can receive my $30 refund (LOL)

I bought a set of clutch and brake levers for my dirt bike. The levers were incorrectly described by the seller as fitting my make and model bike. I received the levers and discovered they didn't fit. The seller refuses to pay return shipping, and ebay supports the seller. I spent almost an hour on the phone calmly discussing the details of this transaction with eBay, I talked to 3 different levels of representatives, and I have now exhausted all options of recourse, according to eBay.The item cost about $30, and return shipping to China is about $60. It makes no sense for me to pay $60 in return shipping in order to recieve a $30 refund. That's just ludicruos! (LOL). Since the seller incorrectly (and I believe fraiduluntly) listed the item as fitting, I should be out no expense, but eBay is backing the seller. Time to sever ties with eBay if that's their policy.

Why do I believe this is a fraudulant/scam listing? It lists 37 Honda models as compatible. When I asked for a refund, the seller deleted my specific year model from the list of compatible models. Since the levers did not change on any year model of this bike, the sellers listing is still incorrect. Yet eBay is willing to do nothing about this. AVOID buying from 2012eworld, or just avoid buying from eBay in general.

PS: I know $30 isn't going to send me to the poor house, it is the priciple of this type decietful practice, and it's a true shame that eBay is apparently OK with it.

You get what you pay for.

Shit response, mate.

What if he paid $250 for them from the same seller and the same thing happens?

• Like 7

Shit response, mate.

What if he paid $250 for them from the same seller and the same thing happens?

Sorry if honesty hurts.

If he paid $XXX to buy knock off parts, then you have to expect knock off quality. Had he paid for OEM levers from a local company, not only would he of probably gotten the correct ones but if there was a problem, the seller would of resolved it. Now, what if the levers he got really are the correct ones for his bike but he has after market perches?

I see people who buy 'universal' parts all the time and get upset the fit and finish is not OEM. One size does not fit all. Loose on some, just right on  some and too tight on others.

• Like 6

Sorry if honesty hurts.

If he paid $XXX to buy knock off parts, then you have to expect knock off quality. Had he paid for OEM levers from a local company, not only would he of probably gotten the correct ones but if there was a problem, the seller would of resolved it. Now, what if the levers he got really are the correct ones for his bike but he has after market perches?

I see people who buy 'universal' parts all the time and get upset the fit and finish is not OEM. One size does not fit all. Loose on some, just right on  some and too tight on others.

It's not the quality he's talking about, it's the fact that they are knowingly selling the wrong item and eBay are allowing it. If the fit was not quite right or the quality was a bit substandard the OP wouldn't be here having a whine.

I don't buy knock off stuff from china btw.

I buy the hour meters for like $4 with free shipping from china off eBay all the time, love them! Same exact ones the shops sell for $30

• Like 3

I buy the hour meters for like $4 with free shipping from china off eBay all the time, love them! Same exact ones the shops sell for $30

Actually, that is the one thing I have bought from china. They are not cheap knock offs though, they are just cheaper than the bike shop rip-off prices.

Actually, that is the one thing I have bought from china. They are not cheap knock offs though, they are just cheaper than the bike shop rip-off prices.

I read somewhere that the ones all the online sites and shops sell are the same china ones, just repackaged.

I got an hour meter on everything now, generators, pit bikes, ect. 

• Like 1

figure out which models it actually fits and re-list it on ebay and sell it yourself. you'll likely get your money back through the re-sell. i always cross-check part numbers for compatibility myself. owning an italian husky makes you learn how to cross-reference for compatibility.

• Like 3

I never buy anything off ebay from china.... although mainly because it takes so long to arrive and if theres any problems its a pain

Surprisingly, I have ordered some stuff that has come from China and Taiwan and has gotten to me very quick, often less then seven business days. Cheap stuff and accordingly, I have low expectations. But cheap is sometimes just what you want.

I never buy anything off ebay from china.... although mainly because it takes so long to arrive and if theres any problems its a pain

ive got a set of chinese radiators on my 04 yz250f.. was wayyyyy cheaper for the set than it was to replace the one that an oak tree had its way with.. There will always be some good and some bad universals or chinese pot metal stuff.. I would say to the OP.. take to the races and have em up for sale.. they will fit someones bike.. list them on craigslist.. or.. perhaps hang em up in your shop as a reminder to not buy chinese levers.. i buy some things from harbor freight but other items i wont touch.. same mentality with ebay..

• Like 1

open a paypal dispute.

leave then a neg feedback. they HATE neg feebacks.

not sure what it is, but ive had chinese sellers bend over backwards to avoid a negative feedback.  damn near willing to ship me 3 more items for free, AND refund my money back twice in order to avoid a negative.  I dont take advantage of them, but usually when something does go wrong. they tell me to wait a few more days, if it doesnt show up. they refund me.

if its complete junk or shows up broken, they refund me.  ive never had problems and I buy (used to) from china lots.  in the long run, ive determined most of it is junk and now try to stick with brand name stuff.

also, $60 to ship back a clutch and brake lever?? I think youre doing it wrong.  it doesnt need to get over nighted with tracking number, insurance, and a private security guard ya know...

ive bought those 95$ chinese oversized rads too.. love them!!! and 1/8th of the price as buying them from the stealership.

not sure why some places in china take 6 weeks. and some take 3 days though. 

Edited by coryf89
  • Like 1

Threaten the seller with negative feedback. If they do nothing then do it. Ive had decent luck with some china parts although I choose very carefully, knowing returning something will be a hasssle. I know a few people who buy the stuff as well and use them as guinea pigs ;)

Well put.

For this reason I only buy from North American shippers on eBay.  They may cost a little more but not as much as return shipping would cost.  EBay is the middleman, in this deal, sort of like a Real Estate Agent.  I would not blame the real estate agent and want them to ban a seller if some of the details provided by the seller were inaccurate. 

Also, for many of us, we as American consumers should be aware that by buying from Communist China we are indirectly and many times directly supporting a foreign communist government who has a goal of over taking the US as the dominant world economic power.  One of the big reasons Chinese products are so inexpensive is because they utilize a very large forced prison labor force.  The Chinese government also subsidizes the local industry so then the local businesses are able to sell their products for cheaper.  Not to mention they also artificially control their currency exchange rates.  All this is causing greater human suffering for the average person in China as well as the average person in rest of the world. To insinuate that our local dealerships are thieves is an unfair comparison as we have mostly fair/humane labor practices that simply cost money.  Anyhow, sorry for getting on the soapbox.  I'm sure a few of you will have counterpoints and this will become a huge debate like what boots should I buy, should I use Rotella T, or are Rekluse Autoclutches for brainless bike riding bears with no skills, but hopefully this message will stick for a few of you.