Sign in to follow this  

Leo Vince Slip on

Hi all, newbie here. Purchased my CRF250L at the weekend - hopefully to be delivered on Wednesday.

In anticipation, Ive bought a nearly new Leo Vince off eBay for peanuts!

Anyway, been searching the forum here to see if it's worth me buying an EJK too - ilI be running the stock header.

Does anyone have any advice on the above or experience of said slip on?

Cheers

S

• Like 1

Welcome along buddy :uk:

I don't think I've seen anyone on here with the LeoVince - I have one on my Zed, high quality and sounds mint :banana:

From what I gather, most, if not all your gains are coming from the header, not the end can.  So yes it will sound better and be lighter, oh and look good B) but will you need an EJK... I dunno :excuseme:

I bought my CRF with no EJK and a full FMF exhaust system. It made the bike run even leaner, so it became extremely hot. The cooling fluid boiled over and I noticed a significant reduction in power. That sucked, so I bought the EJK. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have those problems.

I don't think you will have this problem, because you only have the header and not the full pipe. But my advice: just try without rejetting, and watch the cooling fluid level and engine temperature. You will notice if the engine gets really hot, trust me.

Have fun!

ProcycleNY did a dyno run with a FMF slip on. Almost no performance gain, if there was a gain, it didn't show on the dyno. I know your Leo Vince isn't an FMF though.  Based on my research, you need to get a slightly larger OD header pipe to go along with that slip-on, and an EJK.  While you are at it, do the airbox mod and get yourself a K&N filter. Then you should gain a few ponies or more and wake things up.  

• Like 1

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. Decided against the Leo Vince for reasons pointed out.

Instead went with 13t sprocket, backfire screen removal on filter and snorkel removal, oh and EJK.

Opens the bike up - def an improvement.

Cheers all

S

• Like 1

No, seems fine. If there is any, it's barely noticeable.

I haven't swapped out to a 42t rear as I'm thinking that may actually lose the cruisability.

• Like 1

No, seems fine. If there is any, it's barely noticeable.

I haven't swapped out to a 42t rear as I'm thinking that may actually lose the cruisability.

Can't be loosing too much cruisability.  Probably got a great happy medium with this setup.