Sign in to follow this  

Showa tac fork issues

Be aware just ran into some major issues with the showa tac fork.

Air cartridge appears to have Come apart due to lack of hardened coating or lack of lubrication never been serviced this is how it looked after 20hrs

1447713755362.jpg

Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. I have been told it has only been happening to the KX TAC, is that what yours was?

I should be getting air side upgrade soon. It set to be released end of year, or start of next. Its a factory part that will help with sticksion issues.

No the scary thing is this is on the honda

Thanks, I couldn't see why it would be just a Kawasaki thing. I think this will start popping up more and more.

I should be getting air side upgrade soon. It set to be released end of year, or start of next. Its a factory part that will help with sticksion issues.

I can't wait to see them when you get them in stock, may start selling like hotcakes!

ya. and the price should be good. i'll be at the shop around 945 tomorrow, if you're around stop by.

skf make different seal and piston

yes, that's who factory showa had do the upgrade. I should get my hands on one soon. as you guys over the pond probably have them already.

That's going to be what fork needs to keep it in the stock design, without the expense of an sff spring conversion.