Sign in to follow this  

XCF VS SXF engine

What are the differences on the engine between the xcf and sxf? I've heard the sxf head makes more power, but other than the transmission what is different?

What are the differences on the engine between the xcf and sxf? I've heard the sxf head makes more power, but other than the transmission what is different?

for 2016...nothing!

transmissions are the same too

for 2016...nothing!

transmissions are the same too

In 2016, The transmission in the XC-F is a six-speed semi-close ratio gearbox where as the SX-F is a wide ratio 5 speed and I think that's about the only difference between the two. Edited by Kwilson405

In 2016, The transmission in the XC-F is a six-speed semi-close ratio gearbox where as the SX-F is a wide ratio 5 speed and I think that's about the only difference between the two.

no you’re wrong. in 2016 the 450 xc-f and 450sx-f transmissions are identical. i have a 2016 450 xc-f sitting in my garage and it is most definitely a 5 speed. 

look at the parts fiche on munnracing.com. all the tranny parts are identical between the 2

for 2016 the motor, trans, programming, gearing, etc... are identical between the 2.

the differences are these:

xc-f has larger tank, hand guards, no map switch, o-ring chain, kickstand, different wheels (18” rear), softer valving in shock, softer springs and valving in forks, bigger battery. nothing else. 

• Like 1

Do you know about 2011??

2011 i believe are quite different, exactly what? i’m not sure

For a side by side comparison go to www.powersportsnetwork.com . They have all the specs for a 2011. What's the real question though? Do you want the fastest bike between the two or a track bike versus a trail bike? I ride a 12 xcf 350 and my buddy rides a 11 sxf 350. We've swapped bikes before and power delivery was much more abrupt on the SXF plus the suspension was a lot stiffer. I preferred my xcf on the trails we were riding.

no you’re wrong. in 2016 the 450 xc-f and 450sx-f transmissions are identical. i have a 2016 450 xc-f sitting in my garage and it is most definitely a 5 speed. 

look at the parts fiche on munnracing.com. all the tranny parts are identical between the 2

for 2016 the motor, trans, programming, gearing, etc... are identical between the 2.

the differences are these:

xc-f has larger tank, hand guards, no map switch, o-ring chain, kickstand, different wheels (18” rear), softer valving in shock, softer springs and valving in forks, bigger battery. nothing else. 

For 2016, only the 450 shares the same gearbox.  The 250xcf and 350xcf are 6 speed while the 250sxf and 350sxf are 5 speed.

• Like 2