Sign in to follow this  

CRF230f Handlebars question

So I was going to get new handlebars (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/8214/i/pro-taper-evo-1-1-8-oversized-handlebars?SITEID=Google+SEARCH+NON-BRAND+Brand_Pro+Taper&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=10001&P_ID=1103859252&adpos=1t3&creative=75737533493&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CJSppLThk8kCFZGMaQodQSkHDg) and it said I needed new clamps.

The only issue is the clamps it recommended would never work on my CRF230f (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/8216/i/pro-taper-universal-bar-mount-kit)

The reason it would not work is because the bottom section on the clamp is attached (Non removable) from the fork joint.

So what would I have to do?

Would I even need to clamps?

Thanks!

Edited by -CRF-

Ok so the pt evo bars are 1 1/8" bars. You currently with the stock clamps have 7/8" bars. Which makes you correct. You have to get new clamps or you can buy an adapter but it makes the bars sit a bit higher than normal. If you do get new clamps make sure they fit your fork size because I know the 250r Forks are way bigger. 48 mm in fact. I'm pretty sure cr 125 forks work so the clamps should to. There might be a few aftermarket clamp threads on here. Have a look on them

• Like 1

DELETED

I don't want you to screw this up and die. Handle bars are very important not to screw up. You saw my message before I deleted it so you can do it. When you do it do it right or don't do it. 

Edited by Q47
  • Like 1

DELETED

I don't want you to screw this up and die. Handle bars are very important not to screw up. You saw my message before I deleted it so you can do it. When you do it do it right or don't do it. 

haha, don't worry bud. I am going to just get Pro Taper 7/8" handlebars that way I don't need new clamps!

• Like 1

haha, don't worry bud. I am going to just get Pro Taper 7/8" handlebars that way I don't need new clamps!

Great. As far as I know they are aluminum. Get the aluminum one. 

• Like 1