Sign in to follow this  

49cc Motorcycle shuts off when idling

I have a 49cc motorcycle (one similar to the one below) that runs, but has had a few problems. I don't have a trickle charger to get the electric start working, so i pull start it. It starts up just fine after a few pulls and idles with no problem. However, sometimes (It's made in china, so the quality is sketchy) it will shut off when idling after a few seconds. Which leads to me having to start it back up again and again. What i've been doing is giving it a little bit of gas at a stand still so it doesn't shut off as a solution. Another big problem is that sometimes when it shuts off it won't start up again and i have to push it back home and up a hill  :cry: Anyway, i was wondering how i could keep it idling well? I'm not too keen on engines, but i'm sure someone could help me out. Is there a way i could raise the rpm to keep it running? And should i get the trickle charger for the electric start? Thanks for the help!

49ccHD6000silverZhao_500.gif

Go over the basics, check valce clearance, make sure fuel and spark isn't intermittent. Make sure carb is clean. Otherwise take it to a professional. You never know with the cheap China made stuff.

On the carb, there is a idle adjustment screw, turn it till you hear the idle raise. Also check your spark plug, and make sure it's fresh gas.

On the carb, there is a idle adjustment screw, turn it till you hear the idle raise. Also check your spark plug, and make sure it's fresh gas.

Thanks, i'll try that out