Sign in to follow this  

New '15 Husky FE501S owner. Need some info

Proud new Husky owner here. Jumped off the Honda bandwagon and realized just how slow it was! This thing is a beast. Crazy fast. I've searched and can't find the answers I'm after. I know about the euro mapping and all the tweaks that can be done. My dealer here in California claim my ecu is locked and can't be flashed or mapped. Any insight? I know California is strict but I see a lot of guys doing to euro flash. Always a bypass for everything. Help a brother out lol. I want to rid the lean condition and be able to run the trail tech map switch on it. Doesn't need to be any faster for my skill levels. Thanks boys. Glad I made the jump

My '15 350S was just reflashed to the euro map by 3Bros. I have the Best Dual Sports TPS adjuster set to .64 and de-smogged. Will do full exhaust and call it quits.

If you can get a dealer to reflash the stock ECU do it quickly. Otherwise you will need to buy a non S ECU and have it flashed for the map switch. Or buy a tuner but that will not give you a handlebar mounted map switch. KTM is hunting for dealers doing these flashes on the S models. Days of easy de-smoging the road bikes are gone. Next is a tamperproof TPS. On TT there is a TPS adjuster much less then the BDS version but it needs a multimeter.

I want to rid the lean condition and be able to run the trail tech map switch on it. 

Just a heads-up and maybe you're already aware, but the Trail Tech switch doesn't actually switch maps, it adds/removes ignition advance (throttle response, essentially). 

But absolutely go for the Euro map as it cleans up the popping/lean conditions nicely and you can use the switch to adjust throttle response from there.

I bought it at HYR. They told me no. Said it's locked and not changeable. Also said there's too much risk for them. Squid, I just wanted it for the mild setting when hitting the slow stuff. Tackle where can I look at those? I was going to wait on the tps until I get it mapped

Save your money the mapping cost big money you can not alter it your self. The tps tuner I got came from best dual sport bikes .com. This tool alone is more than you need for 100 dollars. The dealership will try and sell you the grand canyon and why not they sell 15 dollar quarts of oil

Does anyone have any updated help with the Euro flash to the "S" models?... been hitting block walls on this...

Thanks.

I have a '16 501S, in Canada, and the ECU is not locked.  Dealer did euro map install for $70.  Well, at least they took my $70 and did something, and no more popping on decel. I hear you can send your ecu out of state.  Maybe ziptyracing can do it? 

I happened to be in the same state as zipty and to this point they seem to be good about a couple of things, not returning phone calls or emails...

FYI – should a CA dealer or distributor be caught altering an ECU or disabling emissions equipment or shipping non-CARB part into the state their business license will be revoked on the spot.  Out of business forever…  So don’t even ask.  There are a few exceptions to the parts shipping, okay ;-)

Yes because that has never ever happened before, I'm quite sure everyone is riding around with box stock motorcycles across the state. 

Yes because that has never ever happened before, I'm quite sure everyone is riding around with box stock motorcycles across the state. 

You have a PM :devil: