Sign in to follow this  

What helmet should I suggest to my Wife thet I want for Xmas

Just as the topic implies guys....I need a new helmet I have a modular ....whole front flips up and I like it, but it is more of a street helmet and at the end of its life.

I want something more for dual sport...a visor that I can remove....and a sun sheild.

Maybe it would just be easier to suggest what helmet you want....

Haha, just one that fits my odd oblong head. That would be tough, someone else buying you a helmet, without you trying it on yourself, to me fit is everything.

As far as style, i like MX helmet and goggles for a wide range of riding from tight trails to short hiway trips. i always carry a spare goggle with dark lens if i'm wearing clear.  I don't like the goggles in a heavy rain or long hiway trips. Haven't tried those 3 way Adventure helmets, maybe some will chime in on how they like those.

Make it easier for her, just ask for a new Husky 701.    :thumbsup:                                                   

Edited by bucket list
  • Like 2

Bell MX-9 Adventure

I second this. I love mine. Super comfy and great air flow.Great movement of the visor and easy to do in any thickness of glove. I am on a s/m so I was 100% street so it is a bit cold for street use in the winter so I just picked up a icon variant..which is 100%street.

• Like 1

I don't know about a dual sport helmet but for dirt I would either get a bell moto 9 flex or the 6D. I don't think that technology is available in any other helmet though.

• Like 1

I like my AGV AX-8 DS Evo. Well made, light weight, comfortable. The only drawback with mine is that I was on the verge between Medium and Large when I measured my head. Got the Large to be safe. Turns out the Large helmet is the L-XL-XXL shell so it's way  bigger than the Medium :) haha

Next time, I want an Airoh Terminator. Super lightweight, not too expensive if you shop around. No face-glass but I always use goggles anyway.

• Like 1