Sign in to follow this  

Which slave / case saver 300rr

Hi I need a little feedback please before purchase. Ive been looking at a couple pics of various savers and it looks as if you won't be able to tilt the carb in situ to tinker with jets without completely removing the saver first. Am I correct at presuming this. If yes or no please advise which can or can't be done.

Thanks in advance

Edited by 82Animal

Thanks for the pic that is possibly a candidate however I have the 300rr and there is a lot less clearance there to swivel the carb and access jets

I have the Moose marketed version of the EE one with the knockdown bar on my XT. I removed the bolt that holds the knockdown bar at the clutch slave, was able to rotate the bar behind the frame & have full access to the carb. Just an FYI on at least the Moose version is that I felt a cap bolt start stripping so I removed it, checked the depth of the hole in the crankcase & the bolt wasnt long enough. I cut new ones that use all the threads.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pic that is possibly a candidate however I have the 300rr and there is a lot less clearance there to swivel the carb and access jets

How often do you think you will be adjusting jets? Just leave it stock until you get it more or less how you like it best. I haven't touched a jet on my bike yet. It's worked excellent right out of the box...You can just put it on after you're set up.

Thats the one I have with a Moose logo on my XT. If you ever have to remove those cap screws, check if they are long enough. To access the carb, I removed the top right one & loosened the other two & rotated the bar behind the frame. If your careful, you wont scratch the paint. Its also helpful to do that if you need to drain the bowl.

s-l1600.jpg

13-400web.jpg

I got one of these.. I haven't changed jets..but I think it works well and is reasonably priced. I have the force one on my 525. I like both..but this one is still better I think.

Edited by Bedunjgi

Thanks for all the pics and response. The weather conditions here change big time through the year. Couple months ago it was 25c and this weekend is predicted max 5c. So I have swapped them out a few times.