Sign in to follow this  

Wanting to upgrade the front suspension on my 2000 KX 250

I wasn't sure where to post this. Here or in the kawasaki 2-stroke section. 

I have a 2000 KX 250 and I'm wanting to upgrade the forks to a newer year model. I don't have my eye on any specific fork. I'm about to have someone re-valve and re-spring my forks(he already has my shock), and want to update the forks. The bike is only ridden on tracks. I also want to get a set of offset clamps. What are my options? I've been doing some reading here on TT and I believe I have only scratched the surface in my research. I also have a 2007 KX 250F that I can test fit parts from. If I'm able to use the forks off that model bike, that'd be great! That opens up doors for more options. I really like the forks on it, even in stock form! At that point though, what all other stuff will I need? Wheel, axle, front brake setup? I have read that I will need to add a steering stop to the frame, and that I think I would use the stem off the 2000 kx in the clamps for the 06-08 kxf. I realize most of the "bolt on" stuff will just a matter of test fitting trial and error, I'm just more concerned with the clamps, forks and wheel(the expensive stuff! lol).