Sign in to follow this  

YZ 250 X , Crosscountry thread

I just thought I'd see how this thread goes, I'm reading all the threads on the 250x, & it seems people want to change to from what it was desined for , Crosscounrty , Gncc type RACING, not enduros, not trail riding,

I think the bike is great, as is !! Set up susp. For personal prefrance & go roost!

Anyway, like I said let's see where this thread goes, haha

I too love it as is , I did my 1st harescramble with it completely stock down to the grips . Save for hand guards and skid plate . I have since changed bars to Moose flex-bars and grips . Added a 51 tooth , rear spring 5.6 and a fatty . Havent even clicked the front forks yet . Still running everything else tires , etc . Ran the IRONMAN like this and this thing shined ! Absolutley couldnt have asked for anything else . I was thinking this thing was made for this  , then I was like . Yes it was !

I just thought I'd see how this thread goes, I'm reading all the threads on the 250x, & it seems people want to change to from what it was desined for , Crosscounrty , Gncc type RACING, not enduros, not trail riding,

I think the bike is great, as is !! Set up susp. For personal prefrance & go roost!

Ok, which Yamaha model should I buy for enduro and trail riding?

Well they may come out with a WR version, haha !!! untell then buy one & make it what you want!

Or start with a bike that's purpose built from the mfg to do what you like , a wr? A beta, a XCW, ???

It just seems like people want to buy a corvette & make a sedan out of it. Lol

People are always going to change a bike or at least many people do, nothing wrong with that.   What I found silly is comparing it to something it isnt and yappin about about how bad it was because it wasnt what they used it for.

I think the bike is likely VERY amazing for it designated purpose, I'll go as far as to say likely none better. 

Exactly, buy a bike that isn't designed for the type of riding they are doing then complain about what it's not! Lol !

It's gona be fun to see the comments on this thread

Roshillrider,

How did you like the fatty on it ? Did you change silencer also?

So far so good , I've only ran one  MAXC and one GNCC no trail riding yet on the Fatty  . I've only changed the Main jet down to a 175 , that being said the Fatty seemed to make it a little better everywhere . Still running stock silencer . But I have a PowerCore 2 Q on the 2011 to play with  .  I put the X pipe on my girls (2011)250 that the Knarly had been damaged on . The results were great on that too .

Cool. I was just curious, I know yamaha put a lot of thought into everything they did to this bike including the pipe !

My first impression of this bike is I wouldn't change anything on the motor, but I too have a fatty & gnarly off my 12 to play with,

Cool. I was just curious, I know yamaha put a lot of thought into everything they did to this bike including the pipe !

My first impression of this bike is I wouldn't change anything on the motor, but I too have a fatty & gnarly off my 12 to play with,

Well maybe if I had cleaned up the jetting better on the X , I may have not have seen any difference . I bought my 11 new and never have had to touch the jetting,  just the air screw . I do think a needle adjustmentment is still in the close future ,but with winter here I was thinking of waiting till spring .