Sign in to follow this  

1995 Polaris 400 2x4 no juice

Do you have a 12v test light or meter to check for power?

Is battery good and charged up?

Connections good?

Fuses good?

yes i have a test light, the battery is brand new and reads 12.1 volts. i unplugged every connection that was on my panel above the front left wheel well and plugged every single one back in to its correct color so im good there, im pretty sure my starter solenoid is bad, as well as my starter. i tried to cross the lugs as soon as i installed the fresh battery and got nothing out of it. i also took some good jumper cables and unplugged my leads on my starter and hooked the battery directly up to my starter, does this mean my starter is bad? my ignition switch is good. and i actually got the bike to fire up and run for a few seconds with the pull start today (still working on the fuel delivery, thatll move along if i can get the electric start to crank) i bought a wiring diagram and am doing my best to track everything down. i have spark with the key in the on position, as well as the off position. but i can kill the spark by switching the run/engine kill switch to off. any suggestions on where i should look? i have a light/voltmeter..

Sounds like the starter is bad. You an try taking it apart and check the com brushes. These could be worn, oiled or comm. could be corroded causing starter problems.

I agree with willie. I used to own the same model bike and had the same issue. I replaced the starter and also the solenoid just to be sure cause my solenoid was corroded and and never had another problem for the next 8 years.