Sign in to follow this  

Paddle Tire for 2005 CRF250R?

I just bought a 05 CRF250R a couple weeks ago, Plan on taking it to Glamis in a week or two. The back wheel is 19", the current knobby tire I have on there is 120/80-19. thoughts about paddle size and whether or not I should go with a 6 or 8 cup paddle? I'd like to just throw a paddle on it without having to change anything with the chain.

thanks.

Paddles aren't good for the motor. They work it much harder because there is more tyre on the ground and it's turning the paddles through the sand. They eat your clutch too for the exact same reason. Just get a sand tyre like a Dunlop mx11 or something unless your ok with a pre mature rebuild and changing your clutch.

• Helpful 1

Paddles aren't good for the motor. They work it much harder because there is more tyre on the ground and it's turning the paddles through the sand. They eat your clutch too for the exact same reason. Just get a sand tyre like a Dunlop mx11 or something unless your ok with a pre mature rebuild and changing your clutch.

First off don't listen to this guy.  second, I've been to Glamis, it's awesome.  With that being said I would never go without a paddle tire unless you are just riding sand Highway.  I don't have a 250, but I have a crf450r and I used an 8 paddle tire out there and it worked great.  Since my 450 used an 8 paddle I would think a 6 paddle would sound about right for a crf250r.

First off don't listen to this guy. second, I've been to Glamis, it's awesome. With that being said I would never go without a paddle tire unless you are just riding sand Highway. I don't have a 250, but I have a crf450r and I used an 8 paddle tire out there and it worked great. Since my 450 used an 8 paddle I would think a 6 paddle would sound about right for a crf250r.

Wow man that was rude. I'm just relaying information that I got from my bike mechanic. That was a dick move bro

I've used an 8 paddle on all my 250F's at the dunes. 10 for a 450 and 6 for a 125.

I will agree that the dunes and ice racing are probably the 2 hardest things you'll ever put your bike through. After a dune trip I honestly feel bad for my bike because I've put so many hours on it 5 gear WOT basically the entire time.

Edited by c0ncEpT