2016 500 EXC

Just paid the piper. Got her on the truck. Now gotta take it home and do those things that release the beast. Btw, no amount of conjuring could convince my dealer to remap. Liability. Figures.

The thought has crossed my mind a couple times that a dealer that follows the rules might be a little more honest than the ones that don't. My dealer has bent over backwards for me, given me 10-15% off all accessories and hundreds off initial services. I trust them and the advice I've been given so far has checked out. But then again, I would really like to have the option to remap if I wanted.

I notice right away the air box cover won't snap at the top and bottom. I assume that's why they put the 2 spots for bolts. 14/50s will be here tomorrow. 15/45 is kinda tall.

I haven't had any issues on my '14 or '16 with the air box cover. I do NOT want to have the screws in there. I want to be able to take that cover off without tools...

I haven't had any issues on my '14 or '16 with the air box cover. I do NOT want to have the screws in there. I want to be able to take that cover off without tools...

those little metal clips , seem to present a potential longevity issue, they can rust too , I dread having to go to screws also

So the little bag of bolts that come with the bike, what's the deal there?

Is it your brake lever bolts?  As of the 2014 models, the bike is crated without the hand guards installed.  The guards and longer blots are in the crate but have to be installed by the dealer, leaving the short bolts as spares for when you remove the hand guards.