Sign in to follow this  

Oil dip stick gauges

Hi guys, I've been searching for the gauges that replace the dip stick, which ones are you using and are they accurate? Also where do you get them from as I can only find expensive ones from Europe.

Cheers!

Whoops, I have a 93 xr600

XR's only is pretty good.

The issue of the level marks is easily solved with the old dipstick as a reference and a file to make proper level marks.

It is susceptible to the dial being rotated in relation to the pointer, which can make it read incorrectly.

I use it but am careful to verify it occasionally.

Thanks guys, I have had a look and they apparently don't have one for a 93 xr600, are there any models that would be the same on xrsonly?

Thanks guys, I have had a look and they apparently don't have one for a 93 xr600, are there any models that would be the same on xrsonly?

xr650l should work just fine.

My bike had one when I bought it 3 years ago and it was the first thing I took off, what a POS!  With the Clarke 4.3 gallon tank, it was a major deal to remove it. I was able to get $25 bucks for it on ebay thou.  I use Honda Gold Label synthetic oil and it runs cool enough that I really don't need to monitor the oil temp.

That is correct but when I ran my XR600R for over 4 years, it wasn't an issue either, my Honda shop contends that if you use a good grade of oil, it isn't an issue. I always ran the Honda red label 20W50 and never had any issues when running single track or worse. The XR's only temp dip stick is still an issue when you have a bigger tank because they are a bear to remove.