Rekluse clutch

Just put a rekluse exp into my 2014 s model. After about 6 or 7 hrs the oil has gone inky black.. Set-up on the clutch seems fine (free play gain etc.) Going to change the oil and filter and hope it clears up. Is this normal or what. I'm used to seeing honey colored oil even at change time.

Just put a rekluse exp into my 2014 s model. After about 6 or 7 hrs the oil has gone inky black.. Set-up on the clutch seems fine (free play gain etc.) Going to change the oil and filter and hope it clears up. Is this normal or what. I'm used to seeing honey colored oil even at change time.

the newer rekluse have a slinging clutch pack that really circulates the oil through the clutch entirety. that may be why you see a darker oil sooner, or it's slipping more than you normally would do it yourself. 'normal' depends on a lot of variable. 

Does the Rekluse stay locked as you chop the throttle keeping the traditional 4T engine breaking characteristic?

i think the stm supermoto clutch is the only 1 that does that or is this clutch i posted backwards to what your describing??

"The CEB Clutch System is a unique and highly effective engine-to clutch-to rear wheel power management system; the only one of its kind available anywhere. When the throttle is closed, this triggers the clutch to release and decreases unwanted engine braking. Already in use by top factory riders and teams, it decreases lap times, inhibits engine stalling, increases holeshots and helps create 'neutral' jumping characteristics by decreasing rear wheel drag in 'throttle off' conditions."

http://www.motostrano.com/STM-Suzuki-DRZ400-Supermoto-Slipper-Clutch-p/fsu-m030.htm

• Like 1

So I talked to the local Rekluse guru up here in British Columbia and he suggested I pull it off and give it a sniff. If not burnt smelling put it back,change the oil and I'm good to go. Going to do this tomorrow in the daylight . Apparently not many people using these in Drz's up here.

I've been riding a Rekluse for a season now, and have it adjusted different from the way described in the Rekluse literature.

As I recall, the clutch comes with 2 medium and 2 light springs installed, I removed the medium and I'm running the 4 light springs.
I found with the cable tension adjusted to the suggested 1/16-1/8 inch lever movement, the clutch would slip during throttle roll-on in 3rd, 4th, 5th.
I run with much less tension on the cable, like 3/4-1 inch lever movement, doing the rubber band test.

I haven't been back inside to see what's going on in there, but my oil has not been any darker at oil changes.
That's what works for me, on both the DRZ400s and CRF250x.
Ken
?

Ok so I pulled the whole clutch pack out and it all looks good. No burnt smell or glazing. Rekluse looks same as when it went in the 1st time. Changed oil and filter and rode for an hour on the street. Oil looks like honey still. Hopefully stays that way. Mind blower you want to get that puppy in your bike! It changes the whole dynamic when on tight technical trails. You can hang on with both hands and forget about the clutch altogether. And no stalling which was my main reason for getting it in the first place.

• Like 2

Ok so I pulled the whole clutch pack out and it all looks good. No burnt smell or glazing. Rekluse looks same as when it went in the 1st time. Changed oil and filter and rode for an hour on the street. Oil looks like honey still. Hopefully stays that way. Mind blower you want to get that puppy in your bike! It changes the whole dynamic when on tight technical trails. You can hang on with both hands and forget about the clutch altogether. And no stalling which was my main reason for getting it in the first place.

cool. it's nice to read a personal experience (review) from folks. ? 

are you using 1st gear on the street, or just starting in 2nd now ? 

Might as well buy a Polaris.

CVT is not the same as auto-clutch ;-) 

auto-clutch is freaking awesome in tight single track/hill climbs. CVT is for pedal mashers (sxs / rzr / cars) were skill is not required, just pedal mashing. 

Edited by ohgood