Sign in to follow this  

California Norcal Snowline

So what's the hap on the snowline. We've had some unusually cold storms come through - wondering if Chalk Bluff is covered in snow since it's at 5k in elevation. Hoping it melts off by the weekend??? thoughts?

looking at the snow coverage screen on weather underground - the snowline doesn't seem to be too bad. Anyone ever use this app for snow cover? 

looking at the snow coverage screen on weather underground - the snowline doesn't seem to be too bad. Anyone ever use this app for snow cover? 

Never heard of it - Does sound useful however...,And yes supposed to be weather moving in Tuesday according to what's being said right now.

Edited by dyrtmon

My buddy just did a trail run up to 4500 feet and said there was "scattered snow in the shadows starting at 4250" and he said there was very little at 4500, and doubts there will be much at 5k. 

My buddy just did a trail run up to 4500 feet and said there was "scattered snow in the shadows starting at 4250" and he said there was very little at 4500, and doubts there will be much at 5k. 

I was up riding between Nevada City and Downieville.  There's definitely snow on the shady sides (north facing) trails and roads above 5K.  We were at about 5500 and the snow was at least 6" deep for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile.  Super sketchy on the road coming down from there.