Sign in to follow this  

2006 250r issues

so this is my first post, I haven't looked into forum rules or anything, hopefully not breaking any, just jumping in to hopefully get some help.

I have a 2006 CRF250R, Did some maintenence my self, rushed the first oil change to get out and ride. long story short, drained engine oil, and over filled tranny, I had no idea its two seperate compartments. 

luckily I have a friend that tackled the bike, we opened it up, and made a parts list. mostly covered by the local Honda dealer, but few things I have to shop around for are...

cylinder head assembly, piston pin, or clip, and cylinder gasket. I guess Honda cylinder head is unavailable, so is there a solid aftermarket brand I should look for? and where to buy online? Canada shopping would be preferred.

20150815_171144_zps0yt5ee7d.jpg

20151112_185826_zpsvfnn5gci.jpg

the way its sitting now, at friends garage, so I'd like to clean this up sooner than later

Look into places online that do valve jobs on those heads, some will sell them as well. Big Bore Thumpers is the only one that comes to mind at the moment but theres more. As for the other parts, wherever you can get oem stuff the cheapest, partzilla or honda east in toledo are the ones I usually use, but Im in Michigan.

• Like 1

Visited the Honda dealer again, ends up that the first parts guy didn't really know how to order stuff. Manager gave me awesome prices, so I should be putting it back together in a few days

It would be a total waste, I'm very new to dirt biking. Friend got lots done last weekend, engine is almost back together, and will be ready to put it back in the bike

Edited by AleksV

20151206_175442_zpsqmle1wat.jpg

Got the engine back in, and swing arm back on, a lot less mess in the garage. Hoping to turn it on next time we tackle it