Sign in to follow this  

Recovering an Acerbis X-seat?

You're correct, the cover is bonded and theoretically "never tears"...

As far as I know they are not able to be re-covered.

Edited by poldies4

You could put a standard seat cover over top, but if there are tears on an X-seat, those are into the foam and you'll feel them in your butt lol

You're correct, the cover is bonded and theoretically "never tears"...

As far as I know they are not able to be re-covered.

I thought so, it looks like I could peel the whole cover off. I bought the bike today and theres a seat cover in the mixed box of parts i got with it, maybe I'll try to make it work. A new seat is $40 on eBay so I'm not too worried. 

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447885105.396967.jpg

I thought so, it looks like I could peel the whole cover off. I bought the bike today and theres a seat cover in the mixed box of parts i got with it, maybe I'll try to make it work. A new seat is $40 on eBay so I'm not too worried. 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447885105.396967.jpg

I was under the impression (according to Acerbis) that the X seat "couldn't" tear or delaminate...I've not seen one look like that before, thanks for the pic.

Looks like you have a project on your hands.

Edited by poldies4

I was under the impression (according to Acerbis) that the X seat "couldn't" tear or delaminate...I've not seen one look like that before, thanks for the pic.

Looks like you have a project on your hands.

It looks rough but it's not too bad. Lots of preventative motor work. The seat is the biggest issue on the bike so I'm not doing too bad :lol:

I'll see if I can peel it off and go from there. I pick it up on friday. 

• Like 1