Sign in to follow this  

Kx 295 big bore

Hey guys I just sent my cylinder out to get bored to a 295 and have port work done. I'm just wondering if anyone els has done this and what the results was? Did you like? How the power felt... That kind of stuff

• Like 1

I am thinking about doing the same. Please keep us updated with you results and opinion when you get it back and have some time on it.

Thanks

Do a search in this forum.  Lots of people have done it and posted there results.

My wife and I built one out of her 04 KX250. She absolutely loves it! More bottom, mid and maybe a touch less top end. Its set up for enduros and works very well. We experimented with pipes. Stock pipe, the bike was an animal. Would be fun in more open, less technical terrain. Enduro Engineering pipe, super smooth but kind of boring sort of like a KTM300 power band. FMF Gnarly, this was the best of both worlds. Do it you wont be sorry! 

Edited by zz3gmc

Yeah i should be getting it back soon. I have the FMF fatty on there right now I will give that a try. Also have the boyesen RAD valve. I think it should be a good combination. I ride a lot of different places from the mountains here in Oregon to the dunes and I wanted a bike that could do well in both. I recently came back to 2stroke after having a lot of 450's and have been having more fun on the 2 smoker. I was eyeballing the ktm300 but herd it came on pretty soft so I figured I'd save my self some money and build myself the perfect bike lol

Hi everyone I just got my stuff back and am starting to put it back together. I'm just wonder if anyone has any adevice on jetting or where to start? I know their are probably lots of other conversation out there about this but I don't feel like search thew all of them for an hour.

Anything helps and I will post pictures and give updates on the end result.

Also I'm at like 3,000 feet elevation.

Edited by Rickwood23

My wife and I built one out of her 04 KX250. She absolutely loves it! More bottom, mid and maybe a touch less top end. Its set up for enduros and works very well. We experimented with pipes. Stock pipe, the bike was an animal. Would be fun in more open, less technical terrain. Enduro Engineering pipe, super smooth but kind of boring sort of like a KTM300 power band. FMF Gnarly, this was the best of both worlds. Do it you wont be sorry!