Sign in to follow this  

First EFI bike. Which one to buy?

Hey everyone sorry to bug you all with this question but I finally saved up enough to step up to a newer EFI 250f. I'm just curious if one brand is particularly more reliable and easy to work on than another. I am new to the EFI bikes. I currently have a kx 250 2 stroke and I could never really get comfortable with it like I was on my 250f that was older. I figure sense I am not comfortable with a 250 2 stroke I should not move to a 450. I mostly ride MX tracks and hare scrambles and some motocross races. any info would be great thanks! I am currently looking at Honda or Yamaha.

Unless I'm mistaken almost everyone is using Keihin for their fuel injection.  So regardless of which manufacturer it's the same fuel injection system.  I literally just tonight bought a bike after 20+ years of not riding.  But between Honda and Yamaha, if you are asking who has the better reliability in 4 strokes that's easy even for someone like me.  Yamaha by a HUGE, MASSIVE margin.   Honda had serious valve issues.  Are they resolved, maybe.  All I know from doing a ton of research is that the Yamaha 4-strokes have been relatively trouble free whereas Honda has had some serious problems.