Sign in to follow this  

KTM 350 sxf trail riding

i currently have a 2012 crf250x. I've done all the cc mods and i think I'm ready to upgrade my bike. i ride a lot of trials and i would like to try a few hare scrambles for fun. i recently rode at a track in porterville CA and i loved it! I've been thinking about the 350 sxf for my next bike but I'm curious how it would do on trail rides. can you lug this engine on tight rocky areas or does it like the higher rpms?? my local dealer has a nice 2015 demo bike at a pretty good price. 

thank you!!

Edited by 250x17

Depends on your abilities. I see lot's of track bikes out on the trails and they rip. With a little tuning, anything will work. You ever ride Mendocino National Forest? We camp every spring at Penny Pines. Love that place.

That's pretty far north from me. I'm in Fresno so I mainly go to bass lake/Miami trails and hollister. I'll check out some you tube videos of Mendocino though. Always looking for some good riding spots!

Not from CA but do you need a green sticker bike down there in the trails? The 350SXF could be a great trail bike with the suspension softened up a bit and maybe go a tooth larger sprocket on the rear (50T is stock). You would be better off if you could find a 350XC-F, which has a 6-speed transmission, larger fuel tank, softer suspension valving,18" rear wheel and a couple other off-road goodies.

i got a 2015 350sxf and I ride both trails and tracks. I live in Maine so it can be rocky, sandy, hard packed, and muddy all on the same trail. I absolutely love my 350 in the woods and on the track. I don't hate the 4cs but they can be harsh at times. I came off a modded crf450 that I rode for 6 years. I do miss the insta blip but I wouldn't ever trade my 350. the 350 does like to be rode in the high rpms but you can still chug it. im going to send my forks to Stillwell and put a 51 tooth rear sprocket on it cause im hearing a lot of good things about that set up.

Edited by Whittle450