Sign in to follow this  

1982 Honda XL100S project

spent more than I should, but it runs... kinda good news is I got the title with it and the plates are good thru 2017, doesn't want to idle, did a quick carb clean same issue, I haven't got the manual yet (its on the way) I should be good once it gets here, but wanted some outside opinions. It's got some wiring challenges not too bad buuut! I think that its not charging? if the battery is slowly dieing will it act like its cutting out while its running? I'm not a 4t guy but this bike seems pretty simple and I like a challenge, will post up more when I have time to get a meter on it and some idea whats going on electrically. The points look good, adjusted the valves and timing... its missing the tail light and blinkers as well, also on a side note picked up a 1981 Yamaha XT250 for $100 out of Wenatchee fairly complete barn find, fired up but didn't want to push my luck till i have time to get a good look at it both are winter projects because it safer than drinking at least for me lol meaning on my wallet

If you ever want to part with that xl100, give me a shout. That's the first dirt bike I ever owned and I wish I never got rid of it