Sign in to follow this  

2003 crf450r?

So when I was 15 years old, I went out and bought myself a clean used crf450r, forget how much but was a wicked bike. I sold it after putting about 15 hours on it to buy my rmx250 because it was cheaper to run at the time. Anyway the new owner apparently rode it a couple times and then put it away in his shed until now, it starts and runs well and has 18 hours on rebuild, with no receipts of course. This bike apparently made 56hp and was wicked for my little 60kg frame, it used to beat me up because I could barely compress the suspension! Anyway I have the opportunity to buy this bike back for the grand sum of $1800, the question is should I do it? Everyone enjoys indulging in a bit of excess horsepower every now and then.

Edited by TheArmageddon Lemon

So when I was 15 years old, I went out and bought myself a clean used crf450r, forget how much but was a wicked bike. I sold it after putting about 15 hours on it to buy my rmx250 because it was cheaper to run at the time. Anyway the new owner apparently rode it a couple times and then put it away in his shed until now, it starts and runs well and has 18 hours on rebuild, with no receipts of course. This bike apparently made 56hp and was wicked for my little 60kg frame, it used to beat me up because I could barely compress the suspension! Anyway I have the opportunity to buy this bike back for the grand sum of $1800, the question is should I do it? Everyone enjoys indulging in a bit of excess horsepower every now and then.

Buy it then have the suspension revalved and re sprung. I loved my nearly new one back in '03 and can't wait to finish & ride my current one.