Sign in to follow this  

Why i Never Go Swimming With The Sharks!

Out here in California if you don't "Rodes" a motorcycle on the street, and split lanes, your stuck in traffic.

When in doubt, gas it...

Edited by adnohguy
  • Like 1

started in the dirt.......went blacktop for a while....finishing in the dirt......thank you very much....

I tried, but I just cant keep off the throttle, and todays street bike flat rip !!!

Gunna end up dead, smiling, but dead just the same !

Adnohguy...

(not that you care but)...

started riding in Calif, back in the mid 70's, grew up on the west side of I15 in El-Cerrito. bout 1/4 mile west of the interstate and El-Cerrito road, it was nothing but foot-hills and orange groves. I would ride all day come home at dusk and wait for my next ride.

It also seamed that everybody in the area did the same thing.

but back then there was open ground between El Cerrito and Corona and then Riverside...

nobody cared if you found an open field and practiced dognuts all day long. if you stayed long enough, someone else would show up to best you if they could.

now I hear that there are entire counties that don't allow a dirt bike to be ridden at any time !!!!

Life was good there back then...our maybe I was just to young to care ??

• Like 1

Exceeding the posted speed limit by several factors has a lot to do with it.  That and not looking both ways many times, not achieving eye contact, assuming drivers see you, assuming drivers obey laws, hole-shots on greens, etc.  When I ride I assume everybody around me will do something stupid and they eventually do.  You can make no assumptions when you ride on the street.  Slow is good.  Slower is better.  Like docking a boat.

Fortunately my SRX makes a lot of noise if need be and drivers take notice.  And of course that huge blast of immediate instantaneous torque can be quite useful as are the big triple disks on a 350-pound machine.  More options on a fast nimble small bike than on the big HDs I was riding.  Changing direction or stopping one of those beasts takes quite some time.  The SRX feels like a dirt bike on the street.  It stops and changes direction like a toy.

• Like 1

The SRX feels like a dirt bike on the street.  It stops and changes direction like a toy.

Now imagine an actual dirt bike with street tires on the street. It's a blast. Supermoto's are amazing.

Now imagine an actual dirt bike with street tires on the street. It's a blast. Supermoto's are amazing.

In another post it sounds like you dislike it so much you try to talk the knew bees out of spending a dime on there bikes.....

What's up with that?

In another post it sounds like you dislike it so much you try to talk the knew bees out of spending a dime on there bikes.....

What's up with that?

I never mentioned a 230 in this. I am talking supermotos in general. Mine is good, but I couldv'e got a bike that is just as good with less money that's the point of that post. I don't recommend what I did to others not because I don't like the result, it's because of how much I put to get the result.