Sign in to follow this  

Can't ride scared

Today I'm going out and not coming home until I master a shady jump at this sand pit I ride at. Last time I crashed and burned hard. Lol

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447854876.877046.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447854894.499499.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447854911.324286.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447854978.741907.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447854993.399534.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447855006.472405.jpg

Edited by Bryan Bosch
  • Like 2

I like the pics lol. Anyways. If the front goes down just rev it to redline with the clutch out. Another thing I do is I rev it in the air to land slightly on the back tire.. And I still rev when I'm landing because it makes it much much softer. Good luck!

Try setting your rear shock rebound a little slower while you practice this jump,

it might prevent a 'tail high / nose down' in-flight attitude until you master the right technique to land it at the right angle.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

a9421sctv_2.jpgWhen I double jump, I pick up as much speed as possible then stand up on my pegs and just coast over the top of both hills, if the front end of my scoot starts to dip I goose the throttle to flatten it out, then when I reach the other hill I point my wheel down to land smoothly, it works for me!

So &%$#@!in pissed off right now. First run hit the jump good landed in some soft stuff and wiped out. And broke the &%$#@!in clutch handle right off the bike. The first &%$#@!in run!!!!!!!

Too late now, but when you get a replacement lever, run some Teflon tape under the perches.

I like the teflon tape idea.

do NOT let off the gas before the launch,,, steady throttle going up the face and going off the lip...

Dont let off the throttle till the entire bike is off the ground and shift you weight back over the rear wheel if gassing it in the air dosnt flatten you out enough. Some power on landing usually softens the impact and helps straighten the bike out if you come down at a slight angle. 

Too late now, but when you get a replacement lever, run some Teflon tape under the perches.

this may be a stupid question but what will the Teflon tape do? I broke the lever off

So &%$#@!in pissed off right now. First run hit the jump good landed in some soft stuff and wiped out. And broke the &%$#@!in clutch handle right off the bike. The first &%$#@!in run!!!!!!!

loosen the clutch (and brake)handle perch enough so you can just barely move it up and down with effort,,,

it'll never move when your riding and will give when wrecked,,,

rarely if ever will you break another handle...

real old school idea has saved me a shtload over the years...

my dad told me about this in the early 70s,,,

he learned it from his buddy and our neighbor Byron Boze who ran a #1 plate for a time

and living in PHX Arizona...

watching Byron race was like watching the monster truck Grave Digger,,,

he won or he wrecked,,,

sometimes both...

Edited by THUMPERRRR

loosen the clutch (and brake)handle perch enough so you can just barely move it up and down with effort,,,

it'll never move when your riding and will give when wrecked,,,

rarely if ever will you break another handle...

real old school idea has saved me a shtload over the years...

my dad told me about this in the early 70s,,,

he learned it from his buddy and our neighbor Byron Boze who ran a #1 plate for a time

and living in PHX Arizona...

watching Byron race was like watching the monster truck Grave Digger,,,

he won or he wrecked,,,

sometimes both...

thanks for the advice bro. Definitely gonna do that

Teflon tape allows the perches to spin in the event of a crash, you also get to torque the perches a little more and they stay put while riding. The loose perch idea is ok, but I always found that method to be a PITA because they would get loose while riding, etc.

Also, make sure to have the lever ball ends within the inside of the grip's end.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 1