Sign in to follow this  

Oklahoma Trails similar to Oklahoma in Texas

Hey all, I recently got relocated to West Texas for some work for the next few months.  I'm used to riding some decently tight woods trails in Oklahoma (Lake Draper/Crosstimbers, and Stillwater 500).  Any of you guys have any experience riding anything similar in the West half, to Northern Western part of the state? It seems pretty flat around here for the most part but as I drive down I-20 around Sweetwater, Abilene, Wichita Falls area it looks like there could be some potential.  I like to be challenged as I ride, so riding down a normal gravel road, or just along the side of a river bank isn't my cup of tea. Looking for somewhere that has miles of trails to explore. I can post some video examples if need be.  :thumbsup:

Check out tscec. Most of the riding in Texas is on private land that is leased. Might be able to join one of the clubs.

Hey all, I recently got relocated to West Texas for some work for the next few months.  I'm used to riding some decently tight woods trails in Oklahoma (Lake Draper/Crosstimbers, and Stillwater 500).  Any of you guys have any experience riding anything similar in the West half, to Northern Western part of the state? It seems pretty flat around here for the most part but as I drive down I-20 around Sweetwater, Abilene, Wichita Falls area it looks like there could be some potential.  I like to be challenged as I ride, so riding down a normal gravel road, or just along the side of a river bank isn't my cup of tea. Looking for somewhere that has miles of trails to explore. I can post some video examples if need be.  :thumbsup:

What par of Tex. are you in?

Far West Tx, Pecos to be exact.

theres a young guy that's from Amarillo that would probably know about places around you

Love these damn phones. I ll try to get hold of him. He's a cc guy that's raced all over Tex super nice kid.

Love these damn phones. I ll try to get hold of him. He's a cc guy that's raced all over Tex super nice kid.

thanks a lot! appreciate any info i can get. gotta find something to do out here to pass the time!