Sign in to follow this  

Washington Quick seat cover question....

Who/where is a good place to get a seat cover installed in the south sound? I'm in the Puyallup area.

PS, I don't think I want to do this one myself.

Not hard to do, just take your time and buy a quality stapler.  IMO, easier than dropping one off and picking it up from a shop to do it.

I always just put the new cover right over the old one and staple/stretch all around with a good staple gun. Easy, works great, end up with a 2 layer cover, and takes maybe 20 minutes total because i am not removing the old. Piece of cake....

Joe

The old seat covers were crummy to stretch, left wrinkles and was tough to staple. If you use a decent cover, they make them out a 3-way stretch material with a nose already stitched to fit the tip. The SC video will tell you to go to Harbor Freight for their air stapler. One of the better HF tools. For $20 they work well. Use some WD on the staples to improve the Chinese Quality Control and you're good to go.

Edited by Burnrider

very easy to do i agree, just takes some patience..  i've done all of my own, and do them for all my friends.

I commissioned a professional for my seat rebuild. Mr Ed's Moto in Albany Oregon.

fab82832-feb1-481d-8649-74805e6c2d60_zps

Getting the shape started.

IMG_1907_zpsa0ud0z5b.jpg

Here you can see the difference in the seat from the original/

IMG_1921_zpsdyec9tru.jpg

Choosing the cover materials.

IMG_1931_zpsoqyhzm6z.jpg

Gator seemed like a good choice.

IMG_1933_zpslibtjrlw.jpg

Sewing it all together takes a steady hand and experienced hand.

IMG_1937_zpsjwiffnm3.jpg

The final product has exceeded all my expectations. It was 100 bucks more than a Seat Concepts product. I am impressed with Don's work.

IMG_1944_zpsnetosni3.jpg

Edited by dirt-350