Sign in to follow this  

2005 DRZ250 carburetor?

I found a guy with a 2005 DRZ250 that is missing the carb. He said that it cracked and needs a new one.  I can't imagine how it cracked but who knows. I have looked all over the net and found places that say both the TM28SS and 33 were on them.  Any help on which one if stock is greatly appreciated.  Bike Bandit doesn't specify which one is for the non-California model but shows both available for outrageous money.  If the TM28 is the one that I need to go with, will the regular $115 jobs on fleabay work?  If not, what does the SS stand for?

Thanks for the answers I hope to get.

David

The TM28 is the pumper carb. The carb was standard on all bikes through 2005 except California bikes which had the 33 mm CV

carb. In 2006, most all bikes had the 33 mm. I had a 2006 (bought in Ohio) with that carb and with some re-jetting, etc. ran like a top. Most owners preferred the ™ 28 however.

I put a 37mm off of a crf 250 on mine. paired with a fmf pipe woke it right up! I used the crf throttle and cables as well. it wasn't easy, had to use a heat gun and some wd40 on the intake boot along with words sailors won't even use but got it done.