Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna 350F not getting power to fuel pump

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 350 not getting power to the fuel pump and engine not starting because of this...

I was riding the bike and it stopped and hasn't started since, no FI light flashing and fuel pump is dead.

2 wires to the fuel pump relay had worn through the plastic but these are now fixed and still no luck.

I've read on some other forums that the signal to the ecu to power the fuel pump comes from the voltage rectifier. Is there a chance if the fuel pump relay wires shorted they could have fried the rectifier? There are a few people who seem to have had this problem.

Failing that would my ecu be fried? Or something else equally dear...

Any help much appreciated!

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 350 not getting power to the fuel pump and engine not starting because of this...

I was riding the bike and it stopped and hasn't started since, no FI light flashing and fuel pump is dead.

2 wires to the fuel pump relay had worn through the plastic but these are now fixed and still no luck.

I've read on some other forums that the signal to the ecu to power the fuel pump comes through the voltage rectifier from the crank sensor/primary coil. Is there a chance if the fuel pump relay wires shorted they could have fried the rectifier? There are a few people who seem to have had this problem.

Failing that would my ecu be fried? Or something else equally dear...

Any help much appreciated!

i had the seat push on the white wire that goes to the volt reg on my 450, because the wires were routed wrong, told my dealer and he said he had three on the florr that were wrong,

on the front right corner of the seat is where it was, if you take the seat off and look there is a channel in the plastic subframe that the wires go in, mine were routed underneath it and rubbing, my guess is the same guy put those wires on on the assembly line as he does the KTM which must have more space under that corner of the seatIMG_0932%20busted%20wire%20husky_zps5fso

I've seen my wires rubbing there as well PETE24, don't think they rubbed right through but it's still not great.

Took the voltage regulator off my bike and tested it on a friend's ktm 350, his bike was the same as mine and didn't start so it looks like my regulator is at fault (wires have all been soldered).

From looking at a ktm I think your right - there's definitely more space for that connector and the seat doesn't push it on to the top of the regulator like the huskys.

Cheers for the help!