Sign in to follow this  

Don't buy the cheap spanner tool from ebay!

I bought the 4 toothed honda tool off ebay for $13. Broke and had to remove the stuck teeth from the bike. I got a refund but it was a waste of time.

Buy the genuine one or make your own tool.

Clutch looked burnt

IMG_20151110_182701.jpg

IMG_20151110_182732.jpg

IMG_20151113_121251.jpg

The Motion Pro tool works good and is avail at most dealers or online for about $10.

08-0015.jpg

You need 2 of different sizes, one for the filter, the other for the clutch.

That's what I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CLUTCH-WRENCH-LOCK-NUT-SPANNER-TOOL-XL-70-Z50-XR-50-CRF-50-XR-70-CRF-70-/120929916877?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:US:3160

Piece of crap broke like biscuits. 

I was in a hurry and took it to Kissel Motorsports. Got royally ripped off. $200 clutch change and I gave them the gasket, plates and springs. Last time for me to go there. 2 hours to change clutch plates.  :foul:

You need 2 of different sizes, one for the filter, the other for the clutch.

That's what I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CLUTCH-WRENCH-LOCK-NUT-SPANNER-TOOL-XL-70-Z50-XR-50-CRF-50-XR-70-CRF-70-/120929916877?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:US:3160

Piece of crap broke like biscuits. 

What bike?

The XR/XL/185/200 and CRF230f use the same lock nut on the clutch basket and oil filter.

• Like 1

What bike?

The XR/XL/185/200 and CRF230f use the same lock nut on the clutch basket and oil filter.

230m I heard needs 2 of them. The mechanic who took it out also said they need 2 sizes and he used the same tool for their triumph motorcycles. The service manual also says you need a 20 mm and a 24 mm.  :excuseme:

ccc.png

Edited by Q47

I've used my Motion Pro on many engines over many years without a problem.  I use a 1/2" impact driver, with a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer, to loosen the nuts. Quick and easy.

I didn't buy the motion pro, I bought another one off ebay, I posted the link to it. it has 1/2" drive 2 side 20mm and 24mm.

I've used my Motion Pro on many engines over many years without a problem.  I use a 1/2" impact driver, with a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer, to loosen the nuts. Quick and easy.

I'll buy a MP next time. Obviously I didn't save a few bucks trying to save a few bucks. ;)

• Like 1

I'll buy a MP next time. Obviously I didn't save a few bucks trying to save a few bucks. ;)

Not only that, I had to take it to the shop and spend 200$ for a clutch change that I already bought all the parts for. Ripped off.