Sign in to follow this  

Ally bash plates affect suspension? Gold valve emulators worth the money?

I'm looking at trying to get my 07 525 to handle a little better. I've had the suspension re-valved a few years ago but still a long way from happy with bikes handling.

I'm trying to look at every aspect that affects handling including the ally bash plate that I've read makes the frame too stiff adversely affecting handling. Is this a fact or myth?

Also has anyone used the race tech emulators in OC forks with great success?

From my basic understanding of their workings they would make a big difference but wanting to hear from users to confirm this.  

The bash plate is not going to change how it handles

Emulators are not needed as the 525 already has cartridge forks. The emulator is to try and provide variable damping in a damper rod type fork.

The best thing is to try a newer one. Your bike is now 9 years old. I went from a 06 to a 12 and was surprised how much better it turned due to chassis changes. I am sure the 16's are even better.

Emulators are not needed as the 525 already has cartridge forks. The emulator is to try and provide variable damping in a damper rod type fork.

The best thing is to try a newer one. Your bike is now 9 years old. I went from a 06 to a 12 and was surprised how much better it turned due to chassis changes. I am sure the 16's are even better.

Are the emulators not applicable at all with OC WP's?

I'm really not that interested in spending 15k for a new bike either. I don't believe it's all that necessary to ride at a good pace. I ride with a really quick guy and he's on a 5-6 year old husky. 

I believe the 525 has much more potential once the front inspires a little more confidence.

Edited by dirteta

Emulators only work in a damper rod fork. They emulate a shim style base valve with a spring and plate. You also drill out the compression holes in the damper rod. Makes the forks more linear over a wider range of fork speeds or so the theory goes.

Your wc oc's are cartridge forks. Try a revalve and get the fluid changed. Also if you have a pds shock look to mx tech to do a long needle conversation. That will help get rid of that hinge feeling.

Edited by slotracer577
  • Like 1