2002 Honda Xr100r Timing Chain Problems

So I rebuilt my xr100r and bought a new cam chain and I put it in and its just way too tight and I don't wanna break my flywheel key. I took both of my Chain Tensioners out rough and fine tuning are out and the cam chain is still too tight and i have no idea what this problem could possibly be. If you know and had any experiences with this issue can you please posts possible fixes below and i will try them all thanks!

About 2 months ago I had the exact same problem & asked the same question. I spent about a week researching it, trying different things to figure it out. I was told by several people the chains are just that tight & to put it together & run it, so that's what I did.The bike runs great & I've put 20-30 hrs on it with no problems.    

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1155821-xr100-timing-chain-very-tight/?hl=%2Btiming#entry12669836 .  

Edited by xrcrf100

IDK, it seems like all the new cam chains are super tight.  I'm afraid to run it.  It can cause damage to the journals, cam tensioner, and the valves due to the extra pressure. Mine is just stupid tight.  I'm putting another one on.  Even a used one is better.  

About 2 months ago I had the exact same problem & asked the same question. I spent about a week researching it, trying different things to figure it out. I was told by several people the chains are just that tight & to put it together & run it, so that's what I did.The bike runs great & I've put 20-30 hrs on it with no problems.    

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1155821-xr100-timing-chain-very-tight/?hl=%2Btiming#entry12669836 .  

I am using OEM and I went by Honda Powersports today and brought my dirt bike and they had told me it's normal for a chain to be that tight when you first put it on. It's running just a little crappy but I think as that chain stretches it'll settle in and start riding better but yeah I guess it's supposed to be real tight at first.

Edited by David100129

My (brand new OEM) cam chain was so tight, I had too unbolt the cam tower and angle the cam, just to get it on.  Then, crank it down.  It made a clicking sound, that wasn't right.  Last night I took it out, and put in a used chain I had and the used chain, was visably longer than the new chain, by at least a kink or a link and a half.  I've never had a cam chain so tight ever.  And with a bunch of posts latley about super tight cam chains, I thunks honda messed up on something,  Well my old chain went on perfectly and started first kick.