Sign in to follow this  

Motocross rappers ruining the sport?

For example, B-Mayzee has a sad story, but in my opinion his music is pretty awful. For example, listen to 1:45 in this video: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCtCkRHpMeQ]

In his song he talks about how he isn't a cracker and that he's all bad a$$ and stuff while doing wheelies and wearing a hat with sunglasses. He seems like a person i wouldn't show too much respect to, but everyone is loving on him for some reason. Their main defense is that he's good at riding, but i don't think that means that you should love his music that isn't that great, just because of his sad story. Does anyone agree with me here? I feel like he's disrespecting the sport of motocross and ruining it in a way. Hip-hop and motocross don't mix in my opinion.

Edited by Zach121
  • Like 1

Since ©rap started music has turn to crap, i feel sorry for music lovers who didnt live thru the 80s.

Yeah, and he's ruining motocross by mixing it with rap.

mx 219 @vitalmx.com wrote:

3/3/2011 11:39 AM

Brandon Mays,

Since you read VITALmx I figured Id give you some Simon Cowell(esk) love. Simon and I are a lot alike, we tell it how it is...If you want to pursue a career in rapping, hey thats fine, but you might as well drop motocross. Cant do both. Here's some brutally honest constructive criticism:

1) Take singing/performing lessons..if your parents have the money to get you a deal with Konvict then they can certainly get you some decent lessons on being a performer. In your videos your mouth is usually not in tune with the words. Well that and your mouth/face just looks awkward. Work on facial expressions when singing/rapping. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a better voice while for rap you dont need the best voice a decent voice would help you out.

2) Work on your lyrics...do you know how to rhyme? James Stewart and Jay Z dont rhyme, and they certainly dont belong in the same sentence. Even if you arent rhyming you need to get better lyrics. Your's straight up suck...Somehow you got ahold of some decent beats but your beats arent gonna sound good with those lyrics.

3) You are not hard...not at all. You're not a gangster, why did you tattoo your leg? Look kid if there was a fight between your Konvict buddies and another group you would be running the other way, you've been pampered your whole life whether it was riding a dirt bike or signing a deal with Konvict. You wouldnt last two seconds on the streets where some of those guys come from.

pretty sure ruining the sport is not the phrase for it. bmayzee is the last thing on my mind when I am twisting the throttle.

his music sucks but so does alot of stuff in this world, that I dont think about while enjoying this sport.(or at all really).

• Like 2

it is "music" and that is all... don't like it, don't listen. I think Nashville Glitter country is like an ice pick in the ear drum.... This guy isn't doing squat other than causing a thread... ruining the sport? Hardly, KTM on the other hand...

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 6

God damn you guys care about so much stuff you shouldn't care about. Literally the front page is always someone crying about something lmao rapping doesn't effect mx in anyway at all

Edited by 563ripper
  • Like 8

I don't know who he is and really don't care. Won't matter anymore(like it does now) when he goes to jail for jackin bikes and gets railed by a large inmate.

Edited by Sierra_rider

I like your style sir, well played!

you guys GOTTA listen to this one.  let me know what you think. he makes "bmayzee" sound like a god.   bmayzee really isnt THAT bad.  I was expecting way worse TBH.  

Edited by coryf89
  • Like 1

Honestly I will never listen to rap. To me it sounds like trash and all rap songs have ever talked about it sex drugs and poppin a cap in someones a$$ . so I guess that's why country exist. Cause' I'm definitely a country boy

• Like 1

Ruining motocross wasn't the right word choice, sorry about that. I guess what's better to say is "making motocross look bad"