Sign in to follow this  

XR200R Countershaft Pilot Bearing

I've got the cases split on my '87 200R for a tranny rebuild. I've been able to source all of the bushings and roller bearings NOS but finding a replacement for this little bugger is giving me fits. Got the old bearings out and the new rollers pressed in but cannot locate even an accurate part number for the countershaft pilot needle bearing (dead center in attached image).

Searching old posts turned up P/N 91016-360-006 or 91016-360-003 (NK 15x23x12) but my bearing measures 15x21x12. I even found an -003 on eBay (listed as an discontinued CR shaft bearing), bought it and, yeah, too big.

I've tried a couple local bearing suppliers and have only gotten the brush-off. I suppose finding a supplier that will talk to me is my only other option besides pulling a bearing from a used case, which I have but I'm not thrilled about. Anybody have a bearing supplier that will take the time to sell to sell a single bearing?

image.jpeg

I assume you are referring to the bearing for the right end of the counter shaft. It is part of the right case.

Honda used two different bearings depending on year, your post of 15x21 indicates your bike has a pre 86 XR200 right case  or a TLR200.

Are the cases painted black inside?

Please post up the first 4 digits of your engine serial number, stamped just aft of the oil drain.

Anyway the 15x21x12 bearing is a rolled cup needle bearing available at most bearing supply shops.

The 86+ bearing is a machined cup needle bearing (15x23x12), Honda part number 91016-360-006, also used on 1974-1982 CR125, also available from local bearing suppliers..

Based on your bearing size my notes indicate your engine has an early right side case. 

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447979699.409834.jpg

Looks like ME05E-5300424

Found a bearing distributor: Bearing Depot & Supply. Ordered online, $14 shipped.

Thanks for your input,

I had thought the machined outer race for the right counter shaft bearing was in 86 along with a lot of other changes to the 200 engine.  The right case part number changed in 86 and again in 88, so 88 must be when the bearing was changed from 21mmOD to 23mmOD.

But there were a lot of changes to the 200 engine in 86-88 so I guess that fits. The next big change was in 94 for the crank right bearing.

Glad you found a source.

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 1