Sign in to follow this  

Installed my EG mo betta 295 kit today

I got my mo betta 295 installed today. It went together perfect, and the cylinder was a work of art. It came with a wossner top end, I was expecting a wiseco but I've heard good things about wossner so I'm happy with it. To my surprise, the bike started first kick and idled nice and smooth. Definitely takes a stronger kick to get it to fire, but coming off a cr500 I was used to it. The vibration was increased a bit but It's not a big deal. I wasn't able to ride it yet, but will give a report in when I do. I was also impressed with the turn around time. I shipped my stuff out on the 6th and got it back today the 18th. I did get my cylinder swapped with one already done but am happy non the less.

• Like 2

I got my mo betta 295 installed today. It went together perfect, and the cylinder was a work of art. It came with a wossner top end, I was expecting a wiseco but I've heard good things about wossner so I'm happy with it. To my surprise, the bike started first kick and idled nice and smooth. Definitely takes a stronger kick to get it to fire, but coming off a cr500 I was used to it. The vibration was increased a bit but It's not a big deal. I wasn't able to ride it yet, but will give a report in when I do. I was also impressed with the turn around time. I shipped my stuff out on the 6th and got it back today the 18th. I did get my cylinder swapped with one already done but am happy non the less.

I love mine. I am currently testing a fmf shorty muffler with my fmf fatty. Seems to have great power everywhere. Have fun!!!

Did you get it from Eric directly or from Millenium? There's been a few inquiries on here recently checking on how customer service has gotten now that Gorr is back on his own.

I got it from millenium. Gorr just did my head and powervalve mods and I swapped out my cylinder for a mo betta 295 that millenium had in stock

Quick update: rode the bike down the street today. Jetting is extremely rich, but this thing pulls hard! I know I'll gain ALOT once I rejet, but it pulls harder with my 15/48 gearing now than it did stock with the 14/50 gearing. Going to hopefully ride this weekend. If not I'm going out thanksgiving to Barstow and I'll give a full report then.

Did you get it from Eric directly or from Millenium?  There's been a few inquiries on here recently checking on how customer service has gotten now that Gorr is back on his own.

I got mine directly from Eric before he was with Millenuim. I didnt know he was back on his own.

I got mine directly from Eric before he was with Millenuim. I didnt know he was back on his own.

I guess he's back at his shop but still does work for millenium. Also millenium now owns his "forward motion" name Edited by desertbound1024

Eric gorr recommended me starting out with a 40 power jet, 45 pilot, stock needle on 2nd clip and 172 main. This is for 0-1000ft and 70-80° weather. I think I'll start at his recommendation but keep the stock 50 power jet for now.

Will be interesting to see what the squish is since EG didn't build that top end. I got mine earlier this year from millennium but I think Gorr was still there. I called several times for advice and he was there.

Squish on mine is almost 2mm. Not very tight. As soon as it starts snowing here I'm going to send 3 or 4 heads to RB for work. Want to have stuff to try come spring.

Also interested to see how that wossner piston lasts.

Will be interesting to see what the squish is since EG didn't build that top end. I got mine earlier this year from millennium but I think Gorr was still there. I called several times for advice and he was there.

Squish on mine is almost 2mm. Not very tight. As soon as it starts snowing here I'm going to send 3 or 4 heads to RB for work. Want to have stuff to try come spring.

Also interested to see how that wossner piston lasts.

from what I understood, gorr did the cylinder and millenium still had it in stock. I could be wrong though. I know they sent the cylinder with the head and powervalve to eric to have him do the head and powervalve mods. Edited by desertbound1024

Squish on mine is almost 2mm. Not very tight.

Did you tell EG your initial squish when you sent your stuff in to get worked on? I don't think he can target a specific squish unless he knows the exiting squish.

I sent mine in for porting a couple weeks ago and he was going to take .020" off the base. When I mentioned that the squish was .081" he said he would take an additional .010" off the head to correct that. I also sent solder samples.

When you buy a cylinder exchange or don't specify squish you get what you get, and he then corrects the squish for free after you try it out. At least that was his policy pre-milenium. I only had to pay the shipping to send the head in.

EG told me over the phone that he had been doing them for so long he didn't need the solders or the measurements.

I didn't really have the option anyway since I bought a top end on ebay and had it shipped directly to him for the 295 makeover.

Not really sure how close he could get if you sent him solders from a squish test on a stock bore. He will have to account for the steel head gasket he uses. Not a huge deal. But to get within a couple thousanths I would think you would need the measurement with the head torqued down on the steel head gasket.

I rejetted to 170 main, 45 pilot, stock needle 1st clip and it's still rich at sea level. I'm thinking about dropping the pilot to a 42. Suggestions?

Warm up bike completely...ride for at least 30 mins.

Turn air screw all the way in.

Use idle screw to adjust idle so it barely runs with air screw all the way in.

Slowly turn idle screw out until rpm peaks. Count how many turns that is.

If more than 2.5 go down on pilot.

If less than 1 go up on pilot.

MJ...is motor sputtering at wot? If it is then go down on MJ until sputtering stops...then you're within 2 mj sizes of perfect. Going down further on mj sizes will increase performance to a point. But in the dez most guys like to run 1 mj size rich just to be on the safe side of rich.

Once you get your pilot right based on air screw setting and your mj set based on wot engine performance then you can tune your clip position.

I can't offer you jetting specs because I don't use the N3EW needle. And my squish is 2mm.

• Like 1

Warm up bike completely...ride for at least 30 mins.

Turn air screw all the way in.

Use idle screw to adjust idle so it barely runs with air screw all the way in.

Slowly turn idle screw out until rpm peaks. Count how many turns that is.

If more than 2.5 go down on pilot.

If less than 1 go up on pilot.

MJ...is motor sputtering at wot? If it is then go down on MJ until sputtering stops...then you're within 2 mj sizes of perfect. Going down further on mj sizes will increase performance to a point. But in the dez most guys like to run 1 mj size rich just to be on the safe side of rich.

Once you get your pilot right based on air screw setting and your mj set based on wot engine performance then you can tune your clip position.

I can't offer you jetting specs because I don't use the N3EW needle. And my squish is 2mm.

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully I can get this thing dialed next trip out.