Sign in to follow this  

2015 300 xc rolls backwards on idle? It only has like 2 hours of use on it

So this bike while idling and kickstand down it rolls backwards as if under power. and I have to hold the brake to keep it in place. Someone help!! What do I do??

Edited by Micah1982

Ride it,  That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Simple vibration,  adjust the idle, turn the handle bars, any of that will change things.  

When up on a stand the rear tire is going as if it is in reverse. It's not vibrations. I lowered the idle it still did it. Even fully warmed up it will reverse it self right out of my garage.

Interesting dynamic here...I'm thinking after minimal break in period that will end...to a degree. Most bikes have a forward (not reverse) motion caused by minimal friction internally & can really be seen if the chain is removed & watching the CS sprocket move as if in gear when running. I'm not familiar enough with the internal idlers-shafts-to-clutch relationships etc. on your machine to know how that reverse dynamic may be being produced. As mentioned, I doubt it's a problem.

Is the clutch & transmission working fine during rides?

I assume this is occurring on pavement. It's called vibration, the bike is leaning at a backwards angle when tilted on the kickstand.  If the engine is on, then the entire bike is shuddering and moving. The little bit of friction created by the plastic kickstand stop on the ground isnt going to stop the bike from moving. Start the bike and put it on the kickstand with it facing down a slope and I guarantee it's not going to creep up the hill.

Why don't you put the bike on a stand and start it and see what the rear wheel does.  I bet it's not going to be going backwards.

Edited by motonack

I assume this is occurring on pavement. It's called vibration, the bike is leaning at a backwards angle when tilted on the kickstand. If the engine is on, then the entire bike is shuddering and moving. The little bit of friction created by the plastic kickstand stop on the ground isnt going to stop the bike from moving. Start the bike and put it on the kickstand with it facing down a slope and I guarantee it's not going to creep up the hill.

Why don't you put the bike on a stand and start it and see what the rear wheel does. I bet it's not going to be going backwards.

he clarified on the stand, everlasting going backwards.

If the bike drives forward on gear is nothing to worry about thoth odd.

Unless he's starting it in reverse.

ride it like you stole it and it will quit doing that after a couple of rides. Change oil in gear box to synth car trans fluid after first couple of rides as well.

Edited by Mike in Fresno

Thanks everyone for the tips, I put it back on the stand and it was not doing it today....... very weird. Time to ride!

Mine does this 13 xc 300. Just vibration. Mine will back out garage. Put a piece of rubber under kickstand and it stops. Plastic, vibration, concrete or pavement does not provide enough friction coefficient lol