Sign in to follow this  

Lights

I'm new to this and I would like to know if somebody could help me/walk me through installing some head and taillights on a 2016 KX450F please!

Rocky mountain ATV mc would have videos and even tail light kits. You would need a battery. Which a 2016 kx450f does not have a battery. But I'm sure there's a way. Good luck! Hope you like the bike. I got to ride one. Super good bike.

Rocky mountain ATV mc would have videos and even tail light kits. You would need a battery. Which a 2016 kx450f does not have a battery. But I'm sure there's a way. Good luck! Hope you like the bike. I got to ride one. Super good bike.

Thank you! You don't think even if I were to supply the other lights with a battery and just use the stator for the headlight it wouldn't be enough juice? The headlight is an led by the way.

The stator can power a light, but how you go about connecting it I have no idea.  I want to say there is an unused plug somewhere you can tap into, but that was for the 12-15 bikes and the 16 may be different.

Thank you! You don't think even if I were to supply the other lights with a battery and just use the stator for the headlight it wouldn't be enough juice? The headlight is an led by the way.

not sure if they have a kit for the 16 yet but try Baja designs they have kits that just plug in to the stator.

not sure if they have a kit for the 16 yet but try Baja designs they have kits that just plug in to the stator.

I bought an acerbis universal headlight hopefully it'll work Baja designs are pretty pricey I've ran across a Tusk kit that is supposed to be universal as well but I'm not to sure on it I'll definitely check out Baja one more time thank you!

The stator can power a light, but how you go about connecting it I have no idea. I want to say there is an unused plug somewhere you can tap into, but that was for the 12-15 bikes and the 16 may be different.

hopefully it's still the same or somewhat the same thank you!

What would you like the lights for?

have better visibility around the later hours of the day for myself and other to see me

FYI on the 2012-2014 there is a plug behind the number plate that you can connect the headlight to, the red wire/white stripe is the hot lead.  Your 16 may be similar.

Edited by cowboyona426

FYI on the 2012-2014 there is a plug behind the number plate that you can connect the headlight to, the red wire/white stripe is the hot lead. Your 16 may be similar.

Thank you so much man. If there is no plug you think I'd be able to hook it up on the wires?

Yeah I suppose you could but I'm not a fan of doing stuff that way.  I can't imagine the wiring changed on the 16 but you never know.  Thumbing through the manual may provide some insight.

Yeah I suppose you could but I'm not a fan of doing stuff that way. I can't imagine the wiring changed on the 16 but you never know. Thumbing through the manual may provide some insight.

Definitely will thank you!

Yeah I suppose you could but I'm not a fan of doing stuff that way. I can't imagine the wiring changed on the 16 but you never know. Thumbing through the manual may provide some insight.

just checked and it doesn't have a plug so I'll check the manual for something on the wiring