Sign in to follow this  

Making a 2014 or a 2015 Into a Hard Core Race Bike!

I am wanting to turn a stock engine into a full blown race engine what do I need and what can I do to it to make into a Red Rocket!

I've got a 14 and I've done the following

14.5:1 piston

Cam

Ported head

Vortex ignition (custom maps)

Full yoshi system

And other stuff I've forgotten about lol

But the difference between stock and what I have now is unbelievable!!its just not even the same bike or even in the same ballpark.

• Like 1

I've got a 14 and I've done the following

14.5:1 piston

Cam

Ported head

Vortex ignition (custom maps)

Full yoshi system

And other stuff I've forgotten about lol

But the difference between stock and what I have now is unbelievable!!its just not even the same bike or even in the same ballpark.

Is it a dual Yoshi or single? My plan is to single FMF 4.1 with Mega Bomb header. What did you do for valves

full fmf single, cam, high comp piston, remap.  pretty much sam recipe on on all 4 strokes lol. And yes a single system will make more power than a dual

• Like 2

I am wanting to turn a stock engine into a full blown race engine what do I need and what can I do to it to make into a Red Rocket!

Www.provenmoto.com

Matt Jory was race team engine builder for TLD HONDA before making his own shop. can't tell you how many holeshots and people aww at his motors .

Give them a call , if money isn't an issue there full build is amazing .

• Like 2

If you sell the Honda then take the money you would have spent on Honda mods, put the money toward a 14-16 KTM, Yamaha, or Kawasaki 250F you will have a faster and better handling and more reliable bike.

Honda has sat on their hands for too long.

They can be made very fast but it costs lots of money

The Honda is very reliable and handles great. Yamaha and KTM have had some pretty serious reliability issues lately. Plenty of threads on this here on Thumper Talk, and over on Vital MX. There's a lot of power to be had with the Honda for not a lot of money. Chad Watts at chadwattsperfections.com, Carmichael's old mechanic does great work.

• Like 2