Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina Michigan Mini Rider looking for a place to ride during the winter

Trying to get my son a jump next season, he'll be 6 in December, he wants to make a run at Loretta's next year, but being a Michigan rider the winters really hurt us, so we're looking for a couple of tracks that do open riding 7 days a week, that we would be able to come down to once a month and ride. looking to stay within 8hr-12hrs away from Michigan. Thanks

Gonna be tough to find any tracks open 7 days a week in off season.

Drag your young pup to Hatfield McCoy trails in WV, they never close.

Even though it's not mx, it's wheel time.

With ability comes speed.

Hardrock MX in Ocala FL is open 7 days a week. 3 tracks plus peewee plus woods loop. Some hardpack. Some sand. Look them up. Their website isnt the greatest. But they are open 10-5 and they do have RV hookups and camping. Check youtube. Great low-key facility. No frills. Low cost. Good riding.

EDIT - sorry. Didnt see that you wanted to stay closer to MI. Nevermind. FL is juuuuuust a bit far. Man... I think I need some sleep. :)

Edited by BPeak82

Battery Park! Buy a membership and ride all you want.

Definitely a great option if it's in range. They have a good variety of surfaces, and multiple tracks and trails. You'll probably have the place to yourselves. The deep sand there made my son a better rider.

Justin

Durhamtown in union point Ga for place to stay and ride about 6-7 different type tracks. 364 days/yr. pro shop, tire changing, food, cabins, all amenities on site. Best one stop stay for everything.......until it rains (Georgia red clay).

Aonia is about 20-30 min away and only one track but it's a great track. Leave money in slot with waiver during week. Usually by yourself during the week. Stay at Durhamtown and do Aonia for few hrs to change it up.

Monster mountain in Alabama if you can do it. One of the best in the SEast. Open 7 days until March? Then back to wknds. Best groomed track of all and huge.

I'm on the east coast and closest of those to me is 4hrs but my son and I do it.

Not sure how far these are away from you but best info I have without changing apps.

Edited by coastalrider