Sign in to follow this  

replacing clutch oil seal xt 350

I have to replace the oil seal on the shaft that goes into to engine on the gearshift side of the engine.

Is there an easy way of pulling the shaft out or do I have to take the clutch apart first to release it?

Edited by Dirkdelange

Could you let me know how you changed the seal i hace to as well

Usually I drill a small hole in the center of the seal and screw in a sheetmetal screw then pry out . Some seals take 2 screws , one on opposite sides then pry with 2 screwdrivers simultaneously . Other people just drive an awl into the edge angled in to twist and pry it out. Just need to watch out for damaging the bore surface so it doesn't leak around the new seal.

Would i have to take out yhe whole rod?? Is that what the screw on the inside of the plastic case in front of the sproket??

Yes , there is the screw on the side that you unscrew and pull out the clutch actuation rod. May need to unhook cable . This one has a snapring below the spring and above the seal , I think 

Here's a schematic to show somewhat what parts are there , I guessed at the year but they're all the same here ,  http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1998/XT350K/CLUTCH/parts.html

Edited by jjktmrider