Running fuel stabilizer

I live in California where we put our bikes away for the summer and ride in the winter. Anyways, riding season is here. I have a 2014 WR450F. It's fuel injected and I left it stored with a full tank with fuel stabilizer in it. This is the first time I've left it sit for the summer. I'm riding it for the first time next week. Is it okay to run it with the fuel stabilizer in it or do I need to drain it and put new gas in it?

Thanks guys

I'm more concerned that someone in California puts his dirtbike away part of the year when riding season is 365 days of the year here.

My bike is a red sticker bike so I can't ride it during the summer even if I wanted to.

Gas stabilizer is not just for storage, it's for regular use, to combat the ethanol additives that can wick moisture in a matter of days.

I was told by a mc mechanic to run sea foam @ 1oz per gallon for this reason

CA Laws suck, move to a free state

Agree completely

I cant comprehend not being allowed to ride. What kind of communist law is that?

Dreamed up by Cali air board commies, they are everywhere Edited by DPete

What is a 'red sticker' in California?

Sounds kind of shitty.....you CAN'T ride your bike for a portion of the year !!! ???

The reason I ask is that CA tends to set the tone for the future everywhere

....coming to your state soon possibly

Sounds kind of shitty.....you CAN'T ride your bike for a portion of the year !!! ???

Not true, CA has NOT set a tone everywhere. That's complete non sense and not the truth to say the least!

Not true, CA has NOT set a tone everywhere. That's complete non sense and not the truth to say the least!

Open your eyes, man.

CA policy usually occurs in at least 50% of the US states within 5 years.

EPA restrictions for vehicles and industrial manf. started in Maryland, and jumped to northern CA in the 70's and is now nation wide

Unfortunately, Haliburton lobbied to remove most restrictions, and Cheney made sure it was completely removed when he was in the cabinet...for the oil industry ONLY.

CARB pollution limits for manufacturing are now nearly nation wide (california air resources board)

That's why we don't make furniture, cars, or anything else with a sprayed on oil finish in this country.

DOT standards started in Detroit, then were forced in CA, and now Nationwide

OHV riding restrictions started in CA, are now adpoted in several states since 1995

Lemon law started in CA and is now enforceable nation wide

Jarvis-Hunt property tax reform started in CA, and now is in 25 states

The CSLB (california state license board) is now the country standard for monitoring contractor's licenses and insurance

....that's just the stuff I could think of without resorting to Google....

It can't argue ' that's nonsense' without proving your position.....

Edited by KRANNIE

In the months that have more UV exposure (longer days and higher temps) the red stricker restriction is in place in 75% of all OHV riding areas.....to reduce smog and polluted Ozone issues.

This only makes up about 30% of the total actual land, but a lot of that land is boring.

The real reason is to put a wet blanket on the growth/demand of high polluting engines, in favor of low performance engines.  If the vechicles can't evolve, the sport dies.

Kind of a 'population control' issue.

The law does not say you 'can't ' ride, it just says there is a fine if you do, and get caught.

The fine varies by descrestion of the arresting officer / ranger. $50 to infinity....

Typically, your entry to the park is denied at the gate if you have a bike with a "C" or an "8" in the 8th digit of the VIN number.....

Edited by KRANNIE

Red stickers are for race bikes like the YZ and the YZ450fx

Green sticker or plated bikes are not affected. The new WR450 and almost all WR's are green sticker bikes that can be ridden all year.