Sign in to follow this  

This is really funny! Canadian two stroke rules...

On the bright side it proves how superior the 2s are.  It was proven down under as well, they have similar rules now.  The manufacturers are dumbing down racing so their 250f's wont get pasted on the track.  They muscled the rules and it make them look small.

Some of those rules are terrible, but on the otherhand, why were they allowing 250 2t's to race with 250 4t's anyway? The 450 4t is what replaced the 250 2t class.

Some of those rules are terrible, but on the otherhand, why were they allowing 250 2t's to race with 250 4t's anyway? The 450 4t is what replaced the 250 2t class.

those rules with 250cc completing against almost double cc displacement were just as absurd.  They need parity otherwise its just a welfare program.  It's not the fault of 2s that the 4s motor is inferior.

These rules take away any credibility that the Canadian nationals had.

Did anyone here really take the Canadian nationals seriously in the first place?

those rules with 250cc completing against almost double cc displacement were just as absurd.  They need parity otherwise its just a welfare program.  It's not the fault of 2s that the 4s motor is inferior.

God forbid a kid on a less expensive bike pulls a holeshot over a factory rider....

• Like 2

When those rules were introduced, the 4t tech was not there, by 2005 the 2t 250 and 4t 450 were well matched. I believe alot of it was riding style changes, much like we're currently seeing in motogp. I dont have a solution other than race 2t in one class and 4T in the other. Surely there are enough grassroots riders to make two classes? I'd also love to see an open class reappear, with big bore 2t's and monster 4t bikes.

Did anyone here really take the Canadian nationals seriously in the first place?

Somebody takes it seriously enough (like maybe 3 particular manufacturers) that they don't want any 2-strokes to win. 

My understanding ( here in the states) honda threatens to take their ball and go home if there is a hint of displacement parity being discussed.  In canada where there is parity evidently things are going the 2s way so the rules are rigged for a predetermined outcome. wow.

Edited by Sycamore
  • Like 1

My understanding ( here in the states) honda threatens to take their ball and go home if there is a hint of displacement parity being discussed.  In canada where there is parity evidently things are going the 4s way so the rules are rigged for a predetermined outcome. wow.

I hope they do. In a perfect world the AMA FIM would hold strong and tell them to "pound sand these are the new rules". I wonder how many of these pros would trade their 450 in for a 350 2t if it were available?? Probably a handful at most.... but until then we just have to watch steinke dog rip the nationals on a 125.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in a previous thread. The whole "being Canadian" rule will be challenged. You are discriminating, no question about that...Even being Canadian I see it being an issue...

Built 250fs are making similar power to stock 250 2ts. They also make it over a broader range. It takes considerably more skill to ride a 250 2t fast, not so much with a 250f...

I'm so embarrassed that someone in Canada thought this was a good idea.

The one good thing about the Canadian Nationals in my mind was that you could run a 250 2T against decked out 250F bikes.

I'm so embarrassed that someone in Canada thought this was a good idea.

Perhaps someone in Canada was rather 'imposed' this idea to keep their racing organisation profitable,

($-manufacturer sponsorship-$) unfortunately at the cost of being equitable to all of it's competitors.

If competitor memberships and entry fees were the major income provider of a racing series, these new rules wouldn't exist.

Edited by mlatour

As I mentioned in a previous thread. The whole "being Canadian" rule will be challenged. You are discriminating, no question about that...Even being Canadian I see it being an issue...

I don't think this could legally be considered discrimination. Look at the CFL. They are only allowed a certain number of imports. More likely that non-Canadians would be considered TFW's and not allowed in at all. 

It is a stupid rule though.

Perhaps someone in Canada was rather 'imposed' this idea to keep their racing organisation profitable,

($-manufacturer sponsorship-$) unfortunately at the cost of being equitable to all of it's competitors.

If competitor memberships and entry fees were the major income provider of a racing series, these new rules wouldn't exist.

You're probably right. Either way, it makes me unhappy in the pants.