Sign in to follow this  

Engine running problem found 04 KLX 125

I had posted a bit ago about a lean running bike. I replaced the carb and was able to get more fuel thru it. Bike had been popping,losing power fron 2nd gear and up. Needless to say it didnt fix the problem. I ripped into the motor and found there was no back lash on the exhaust valve so it doesnt seat right. Another problem is the threads on the spark plug hole are stripped so now would be the time to have that fixed. Has anybody had the hole welded up and rethreaded ?  Im looking for a cam,10 over piston and rings and gaskets. I would rather  just change it now while its apart. Now I need to find a local shop to do the machine work. Any help finding a place that sells the parts would be great.

Thanks

The bike was given to my son, he worked a few hours for it. He really likes it, its his money paying for it and I think its worth it,its in excellent condition other than this problem, I agree they can be had for $1000. or so but I have looked at a few and there beat pretty bad. Just a few reasons .. im not ripping into it yet,really just looking into possibilities. i adjusted the valves and put it back together. it runs nice and has alot more power. i found the heli coil for the plug threads,  $35.00.. I also found a good local shop to do machine work and anything else it might need.

I can tell that you like to be very helpful,Thanks alot.

The bike was given to my son, he worked a few hours for it. He really likes it, its his money paying for it and I think its worth it,its in excellent condition other than this problem, I agree they can be had for $1000. or so but I have looked at a few and there beat pretty bad. Just a few reasons .. im not ripping into it yet,really just looking into possibilities. i adjusted the valves and put it back together. it runs nice and has alot more power. i found the heli coil for the plug threads,  $35.00.. I also found a good local shop to do machine work and anything else it might need.

I can tell that you like to be very helpful,Thanks alot.

lol at the last line

I put in a cam from a suzuki lt4wd 250 quad and made a larger diameter headpipe, ttr125 spark arrestor ( slightly bigger outlet) removed the snorkle on the airbox. all of that really didn't do anything. it has a lot of low end but the topend is flat. it would pull the small rear sprocket very good i'd think, that could be a good mod but i've lost interest.

it's a fun bike, i put pvc spacers in the forks and some other things too. 

Edited by over rev