Replacing valve stem seals?

It requires a small tool with two tabs that go down the stem a short bit to catch the flats on the little valve to screw it out. Some tubes have the little tabs built right onto the top of the screw-on stem cap. I've seen both metal and plastic versions of the cap. I usually take those kind of caps off when I change out tubes and keep them in the tool box because they always seem to get lost. You could likely do it with a really small pair of needle nose pliars but the little caps make it real easy.

Thanks guys. Whoops, should have been more clear- the rubber oil seals in the head- for the intake and exhaust valve stems. Have the head apart doing valves and springs, and might as well replaces the seals- going to leave the guides alone. Cheers.

Edit- the tool I saw online was a press for valve guides, they just named it a valve seal tool. I was confused, it was too early this morning. ?

It seems the seals just pull off, no biggie. I didn't want to try and realize I couldn't get it back on without some weird fricken tool I'd never heard of before.... that turns out doesn't exist anyways.

Just ordered some viton seals. No more OEM stuff for me. I went to a local motorsports place (Which I will ALWAYS try and support when I can, but only for accessories, etc) to buy the small U shaped handlebar clamp piece for the clutch lever (Mine is cracked) and it was 36 bucks! Sorry..... I ain't playing that game. I know that's Suzuki's fault and not theirs, but sheesh.

Edited by Danwec

I have not replaced valve guide seals so no advise here.  However if you have the ingenuity to remove the vales, the seals should not be much of a problem.

When pricing Suzuki parts, always check Kawasaki KLX400 for comparison.  If you need the perch cap with mirror mount, you can buy aftermarket about $15.00.

Yep, got it, thanks. So easy it certainly doesn't warrant a thread. ? Was just unnecessarily worried, sometimes things come apart far easier than they reassemble!

Got the valve springs in the mailbox today, only thing waiting for is the seals and the bike goes back together before the snow starts to fly here in Ottawa.

Edited by Danwec