Sign in to follow this  

Open chamber forks

I had a hard time finding a good vid on YouTube to rebuild my open chamber wp forks, finally found this one pretty cool if you ask me. Figured I'd share incase any1 one had the same problem. Only thing I don't know what he is doing is when he's using the Dremel any1 know? At 8:05 in the vid

http://youtu.be/HEkDVLRGBHs

Edited by MountAiryTrailRiders
  • Like 1

it looks like he might be getting ready to remove the shims from the basevalve? hard for me to see exactly what is going on, but the  nut that holds the shims and valve in place is staked so it won't come loose. you have to file or dremel the staked part away to unscrew that nut.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply llama, he never takes the base valve apart tho at least in the vid. Maybe he does but just doesn't show it.

Here is a decent vid for Open Chamber, The base valve on the WP is a Bolt head instead of the hex head other than that pretty straight forward. Yes its for a Fork seal change but covers everything other than the base valve breakdown. 

Edited by jetfuel
  • Like 1

Thanks jetfuel that is a great vid! I've pretty much studied that vid lol. I wasn't sure how similar those kyb and wp are but now I know! Thanks man

• Like 1