Sign in to follow this  

XR 400 Adjusting Rear Brake Pedal Height

Hey all, first post!

I need to lower my pedal height but the clevis is pretty tight on the pushrod, i can't get anything to hold onto the pushrod as there is not enough room, but was wondering if I can remove the pushrod without leakage? I can't quite tell from the diagrams and wondered if anyone has had any experience with it. Once removed I can get some grips or something on it and free off the clevis I might even file two flat sides onto it so i can get a spoke key on it for the future

Thanks!

PYCA5.jpg

Hey all, first post!

I need to lower my pedal height but the clevis is pretty tight on the pushrod, i can't get anything to hold onto the pushrod as there is not enough room, but was wondering if I can remove the pushrod without leakage?

Without leakage? I wouldn't plan on it. You'd most likely have to bleed the system after you put it back together. Just remove the snap ring as shown to pull it apart.

Can you not screw the jam nut up the rod and get enough clearance between the nut and clevis to get something on the rod?

Yes, the jam nut is what keeps the clevis from turning. You have back the nut off first, then the clevis will screw up the rod. Then when you get it short enough to get your pedal height where you want it, screw the jam nut back down against the clevis and tighten the two together.

Edited by Trailryder42