Sign in to follow this  

Yellow 250FX

Looks good Glen. Did you find yellow fx plastic or did you make a 250f fender work ?

Looks good Glen. Did you find yellow fx plastic or did you make a 250f fender work ?

Its a cycra kit for the YZF, it can be made to work with a little fab work.

Looks good, I just mounted my Cycra Plastics yesterday and find its pretty cheap ass crap. Awesome for motocross but I can see it failing in the bush...

Im kinda disappointed in it also, not near the quality of the stock plastic and the fit leaves a lot to be desired, my rotor side fork guard didn't even come close to aligning properly and they sent me two left airbox lid plugs . I called cycra and they are sending some more fork guards.... Im hoping the new one fits properly.

Its a cycra kit for the YZF, it can be made to work with a little fab work.

Details on Fab work?

Are going to offer a kit that includes your awsome electronics guard;)

I'm tempted to jump on the "doesn't fit, color is off" bandwagon, but it looks good. You don't even have your graphics yet. Maybe the stock white (or even black) number plates and fork guards would look better. UFO yellow was spot on for my YZ 250. I was hoping they'd have a kit by now. The factory blue just gets so trashed so fast, even at only 35 hrs.

12227652_1187814704581469_58780549065337

Here's the factory yellow for comparison.

first-look-2016-yamaha-motocross-off-roa

7D69D1A9-A87E-45ED-806B-3F3AEB4DD076.jpg

I think it's pretty close, there's just too much yellow on it right now.  Graphics will make a big difference.

Details on Fab work?

Are going to offer a kit that includes your awsome electronics guard;)

I'm tempted to jump on the "doesn't fit, color is off" bandwagon, but it looks good. You don't even have your graphics yet. Maybe the stock white (or even black) number plates and fork guards would look better. UFO yellow was spot on for my YZ 250. I was hoping they'd have a kit by now. The factory blue just gets so trashed so fast, even at only 35 hrs.

My stock fender was destroyed by a squid rider hitting me in practice at the last HS so that fueled my idea for the change. To pull off using the YZF fender you need to graft a pc. of the stocker to the new one, I riveted the two together and it works fine.12232726_1188165687879704_39066780732551

Glenn, did you consider seeing if the OEM YZ plastic could be made to work? Just looking at the parts diagrams online it looks like everything but the rear fender will just bolt on. It looks like the only difference in the two fenders is where the electronics sit. It looks like the fender will bolt up but you would have to make a bracket and bolt to the fender to hold the electronics. I've been thinking about just ordering the rear fender to see if it can be made to fit.

Stewart

2015 YZ250FX

1984 XR500R DS

Edited by stewart_frank

Glenn, did you consider seeing if the OEM YZ plastic could be made to work? Just looking at the parts diagrams online it looks like everything but the rear fender will just bolt on. It looks like the only difference in the two fenders is where the electronics sit. It looks like the fender will bolt up but you would have to make a bracket and bolt to the fender to hold the electronics. I've been thinking about just ordering the rear fender to see if it can be made to fit.

Stewart

2015 YZ250FX

1984 XR500R DS

The oem YZF fender will still need to be modded to accept the electronics tray. It would be VERY hard to make any bracket to accept the tray AND conform to the shape of the fender,I tried. Better to scab the pc of the stocker over the new one like a second skin.

I think it looks good but aftermarket plastic is always cheesey.

How was the airbox plastic?

The oem YZF fender will still need to be modded to accept the electronics tray. It would be VERY hard to make any bracket to accept the tray AND conform to the shape of the fender,I tried. Better to scab the pc of the stocker over the new one like a second skin.

Cool I just saw your post where you did that. I think I'll be the guinea pig and get the YZ fender and play around with it. I'll post what I come up with.

Stewart

• Like 1

I just did the whole cycra kit on my FX with the 2.5 gallon IMS dry break tank... That battery tray doesn't fit at all when you add the ims tank. Everything is zip tied to the subframe... Also for anyone else who does it order the yz250f mud flap as I think the fx has a slightly different one. Mine did not fit.

I think I'll be the guinea pig and get the YZ fender and play around with it. I'll post what I come up with.

Stewart

Did you ever give it a shot?