Sign in to follow this  

2016 Yamaha 250FX ?

I figured they would be here by now! Anybody have a clue to when they will show their face? I have been holding out on buying a new bike and may wait till after the new year. I am still not 100% on which bike to buy yet but it would be nice to see the newest version of this bike.

My 2015 didn't show up at the local dealer until late February.

Is there any differance between 15 and 16 250 fx' other than grafix thinking of getting leftover and save a little money

Is there any differance between 15 and 16 250 fx' other than grafix thinking of getting leftover and save a little money

The MX version got a different piston and oil sprayer,revisions to the crank for durability, and an updated clutch boss. Not clear if those changes made it to the FX. The FX didn't share the same crank.

Looking at part numbers, the only thing different on the FX is the connecting rod.

I am not sure if there will be changes but I would rather pay a few hundred bucks more for the updated model if there is updates. I am trying to be patient for the 2016

Would you guys say the yz250fx hits as hard as the yz250f. I'm going to buy a new bike soon and I really want the e-start and wide-ratio transmission but don't want to give up power

Edited by Michael-0202

Got a 2016 YZ250FX just yesterday! Real excited about it - no changes from the 2015 but this is the first bike I've had in awhile; excited to see how it holds up. Already have a few mild alterations in mind.

• Like 1

I'm contemplating hard on a 2015 since the price will be right at this time. Seeing that 100HR tear down even makes it more convincing for me to buy one

I'm contemplating hard on a 2015 since the price will be right at this time. Seeing that 100HR tear down even makes it more convincing for me to buy one

I was contemplating waiting for a 16, but decided to pick up a 15 about a month ago. Ive put about 11 hours on it since, and (like everyone else) I absolutely love this motorcycle. I've got the studs on it now since the ground is frozen up here, and I just can't get enough of riding this bike. It does anything trail related so well. Especially the fast stuff. This thing is mind blasting through the fast stuff.

• Like 1

I was contemplating waiting for a 16, but decided to pick up a 15 about a month ago. Ive put about 11 hours on it since, and (like everyone else) I absolutely love this motorcycle. I've got the studs on it now since the ground is frozen up here, and I just can't get enough of riding this bike. It does anything trail related so well. Especially the fast stuff. This thing is mind blasting through the fast stuff.

This bike sounds great from all people that have ridden them. I have had a bit of a debate with myself between the FX and the X but I really think the FX would be better for my situation! I just need to pull the trigger just got my old truck through DEQ so now I am legal and have no more excuses.

Got a 2016 YZ250FX just yesterday! Real excited about it - no changes from the 2015 but this is the first bike I've had in awhile; excited to see how it holds up. Already have a few mild alterations in mind.

Let us all know how great it is and don't forget the pictures

Edited by motomanpat

This bike sounds great from all people that have ridden them. I have had a bit of a debate with myself between the FX and the X but I really think the FX would be better for my situation! I just need to pull the trigger just got my old truck through DEQ so now I am legal and have no more excuses.

yea I would get the fx because the x dosent have an electric starter and personally looks old. The x dosent have the new gas tank design either. I'll be buying an fx on a few months Edited by Michael-0202
  • Like 1

Yeah even if I was a 2 stroke guy I wouldn't get the X right now. No e-start on a trail bike is crazy talk.

• Like 1

the 16 yz250f went to a litter rear spring,i wonder if they did with theFX?

Yeah even if I was a 2 stroke guy I wouldn't get the X right now. No e-start on a trail bike is crazy talk.

I know can you believe they would actually require us to still kick a bike. What is the world coming to. I bought the x because it's lighter than the fx, much more power, less maintenance, and when you have rode two strokes your whole life they are just more exciting. Honestly people can buy what they what with there hard earned money but i can't believe the hang up on electric start.

• Like 2

Sometimes unless you can beat physics and gravity, it just isn't possible to kick a bike. It depends on one's riding and terrain.

• Like 1

I know can you believe they would actually require us to still kick a bike. What is the world coming to. I bought the x because it's lighter than the fx, much more power, less maintenance, and when you have rode two strokes your whole life they are just more exciting. Honestly people can buy what they what with there hard earned money but i can't believe the hang up on electric start.

I rode 2 strokes for the first 12 years of my riding life. The 250fx is the fastest bike in the narrow stuff of all I have had AND keeps with a yz250 2t in a drag on a gravel surface. Noise and wheelspin < speed IMO.

I rode 2 strokes for the first 12 years of my riding life. The 250fx is the fastest bike in the narrow stuff of all I have had AND keeps with a yz250 2t in a drag on a gravel surface. Noise and wheelspin < speed IMO.

Don't get me wrong the 250fx is a great bike. I test rode one and it had good power for a 250 4 stroke. In the tight single track I could see it working just as well but overall it still does not have near the top end power of the 2 stroke. I would be happy with the fx except for the big sand hillclimbs we play on. 2 stroke overall is the bike for me but I understand it's not for everyone.