Sign in to follow this  

Buttrick

Gone? Whats the latest?

Cory Buttrick? Last email I got from Beta said he was racing GNCC as a fill in for the team. He is still on the Beta's team roster. Is this internet rumor? Or were you at a race?

Gone? Whats the latest?

Cory Buttrick? Last email I got from Beta said he was racing GNCC as a fill in for the team. He is still on the Beta's team roster. Is this internet rumor? Or were you at a race?

Buttrick chose not to continue with the team. He rode the sprint enduro on a KTM iirc.

• Like 2

ECEA fast guy Tegan Temple got a factory Beta ride.

• Like 1

Buttrick chose not to continue with the team. He rode the sprint enduro on a KTM iirc.

Read it was a borrowed KTM at that.. Dude is a BA for sure, wonder what happened to make him leave Beta? Congrats to Tegan on a factory ride

ECEA fast guy Tegan Temple got a factory Beta ride.

Based on his past season, he's the best endure/GNCC/woods racer Beta has.

Pros - he's young and has many years adhead of him.

Cons - Young, just outside of a consistent podium spots

Will be picked up by another team in a couple of years

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

I was at the Full Gas Sprint Enduro.  He was riding a 450 SX-F.  Looked like it was borrowed.  Had some stickers on it, but nothing I'd heard of before sponsor wise.  Like a privateer type bike.  Tegan Temple was there too on the Beta.  That kid is tall! 

Fun race.  Watching those pros make that trail seem smooth was insane to watch.  It was throwing me all over the place.  They were doing 4:30ish lap times in the Enduro test, I was doing 6:30ish times.  Ridiculous, but I'm a low to mid pack C guy.

• Like 2

I was at the Full Gas Sprint Enduro.  He was riding a 450 SX-F.  Looked like it was borrowed.  Had some stickers on it, but nothing I'd heard of before sponsor wise.  Like a privateer type bike.  Tegan Temple was there too on the Beta.  That kid is tall! 

Fun race.  Watching those pros make that trail seem smooth was insane to watch.  It was throwing me all over the place.  They were doing 4:30ish lap times in the Enduro test, I was doing 6:30ish times.  Ridiculous, but I'm a low to mid pack C guy.

This is where you are lucky to ride and see the pro guys ride. We don't have that here being so far from everything. it would be cool if the pros would be able to come here and race.. I'm hoping that Red bull or some other sponsors figure a way to put some kind of race together.. I think an exteme enduro would be great or whatever really... but you are lucky to see them race.

Based on his past season, he's the best endure/GNCC/woods racer Beta has.

Pros - he's young and has many years adhead of him.

Cons - Young, just outside of a consistent podium spots

Will be picked up by another team in a couple of years

TT also won the "Tough Like RORR" extreme race in PA this summer, beating Mike Brown (who ended up in the hospital from dehydration) among others.

Buttrick brought more to Beta than anyone else has. When he shows up on a borrowed bike...something isn't right. Sounds like a very unhappy rider!

wait and see I guess...  Had Cody W. and Chris Birch etc ..now Buttrick. Could be a wide variety of things. .. I do think that Webb probably brought the most to Beta.. at least in the US.. but it really doesn't matter. Buttrick is a bad ass rider from what I can tell..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Buttrick brought more to Beta than anyone else has. When he shows up on a borrowed bike...something isn't right. Sounds like a very unhappy rider!

No that would be Cody Webb. Wasn't for Cody, Beta wouldn't had the sales they did to fund racing and build a team Buttrichk was on. You could borrow any brand, to get a KTM signals where is might be going. Teaming up with Cody again???

You never know what's actually going on with their deals with a certain manufacturer.  Cody is racing for the factory KTM team next year on a 250 XC-F.  Gotta go where the money is if you're doing it for a job.  Some people don't jive with a bike, maybe Cory didn't think he could push it any harder for results. 

Wondering if Beta is paying a pretty penny for Alex Salvini in WEC next year to get him away from Honda, especially since Honda just came out with new enduro models.

You never know what's actually going on with their deals with a certain manufacturer.  Cody is racing for the factory KTM team next year on a 250 XC-F.  Gotta go where the money is if you're doing it for a job.  Some people don't jive with a bike, maybe Cory didn't think he could push it any harder for results. 

Wondering if Beta is paying a pretty penny for Alex Salvini in WEC next year to get him away from Honda, especially since Honda just came out with new enduro models.

Salvini to Beta is still a rumor at this point, although it's being reported as fact.

Webb is a player and wanted a boost to the world stage - KTM seems to have the money to do that for him. As a personal brand though, Webb is just another orange rider, whereas he stood out on the Beta. He's decided to pack in the trials work too - he had an "off" summer on the Montesa, and likely KTM wasn't too keen on him riding it anyway. 

As far as Buttrick, it's hard to know everything that goes on behind the scenes. He was more in contention last season before crashing his bike at a fairground race, and never seemed to hit his stride this year. As to him showing up at a race on a borrowed bike, why not? Most guys that race professionally do so on someone else's bike, when the contract ends the bikes go back to the sponsor. ... except for Chad Reed most guys don't even have a bike in their garage with their name on the the title. 

• Like 1

What new enduro models? Musta missed that

I can't imagine Beta paying very much. Beta is tiny..so I can't imagine where the money would come from..but you never know..

Beta is an italian company also...that might make part of the difference. .idk

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Me too, :confused: